Parts Sales Specialist - 9770 at EmpirecatP
Posted in Retail 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morenci, Arizona
Requisition #: 9770
Shift : 1
Start Time : 7:00 am
End Time : 7:00 pm
Schedule Days : Monday - Friday
Position Status: Full Time (40 hrs week)
Resolve clients’ challenging and complex parts situations. Support PSSR group, Parts Counter and Branch Operations. Facilitate shop expediting positions. Technical resource to optimize the client experience, promote client loyalty through follow-up on client satisfaction surveys. Duties may include responsibility for calls channeled through Mesa Parts Operations Solution Center.
- Resolve technical parts questions and promote optimal solutions.
- Primary contact for PSSR “research and quote” process within the parts department.
- Act as a resource for parts counter operations to research complex parts issues.
- Recommend other Empire services to facilitate an appropriate solution for the client.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with Service, other EMPIRE divisions, Branch Stores and Empire’s Vendors.
- Work with Parts management to follow-up with clients on unsatisfactory client survey results.
- Follow-up with clients on expired and deleted online parts store orders.
- Review or assess clients’ inventory.
- Create statistical reports.
- Maintain knowledge of products sold and manufacturers represented.
- Maintain knowledge of Service Letter updates.
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Supervise Parts Operation functions in Leadperson’s absence.
- Reconcile cash reports.
- Assists with client visits.
- Must serve as member of Emergency Parts Support team.
- Make verbal and written quotations to the client.
- Accept credit returns for clients.
- Accept after-hours calls.
- Identify and promote sales opportunities for the Sales Group through Sales Link.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to professionally assist customers and employees.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Caterpillar and/or Allied parts reference sources.
- Must have in-depth repair knowledge and sales techniques sufficient to recommend additional parts needed to complete the repair. Ability to navigate through complex technical parts questions and find the proper solution.
- Advanced knowledge of Caterpillar and/or Allied parts, clients’ operations, transportation methods and Parts Department procedures and policies.
- Advanced knowledge of Parts Exchange components and core credit acceptance criteria, Caterpillar and/or Allied product lines and applications, and all parts related work areas and their functions. Advanced knowledge of Empire and CAT return policies, including lot/bulk purchases.
- Demonstrated high-level proficiency in using DBS, SIS, Antares, and other computer programs in the performance of the job.
- High-level proficiency in Cash and Credit Report/Cash Settlement and Parts Sales Reports.
- Advanced knowledge of Parts Expediting, Service Letter updates, and cores for Warranty.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Must have mathematical skills sufficient for calculating discounts, taxes, and parts quotes.
- Ability to mentor other employees and provide leadership backup.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies and use of all required safety equipment.
- Must have acceptable attendance to meet all company standards and requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Caterpillar and Allied Parts Sales or related industry.
- Completion of Caterpillar’s “Parts Pro” or similar industry related training.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop and kneel.
- The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually office moderate.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The roles and objectives of this job do not include setting corporate policy, and does not constitute a managing agent of the company.
Empire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 480-633-5440 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Empire Southwest is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Safety - Respect - Integrity - Teamwork - Excellence - Stewardship - Astonishment