Senior Sales Training and Development Manager (Managed Markets) at Lundbeck LLC
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Deerfield, Illinois
Senior Sales Training & Development Manager (Managed Markets)
No company knows the brain better. Lundbeck is uncompromisingly committed to the research, development and delivery of targeted therapies for people living with significant psychiatric and neurological disorders. At Lundbeck, we believe life is too beautiful to be interrupted by brain disorders. So, we pursue imaginative solutions, driven by passionate people committed to do the right thing for our patients, our company and our communities. Lundbeck strives to be a leader in depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
For Lundbeck, making a meaningful difference for patients is more than an aspiration: it is a commitment that shapes everything we do. Our advocacy for patients isn’t an invented “company value” – it is at the core of who we are and motivates every individual at Lundbeck. Our ongoing engagement with patient communities is not what you might expect from a pharmaceutical company – we create our own programs to help patients and caregivers not simply manage their conditions but thrive in spite of them.
The Senior Sales Training & Development Manager (Managed Markets) position is responsible for leading managed markets training & development strategies and plans for the Psychiatry and Neurology franchises. This position will be responsible for ensuring alignment of the managed markets, sales and marketing teams regarding managed markets training, and then creating and delivering the training curriculum to the field sales organization. Additional responsibilities include the development and implementation of sales, marketing, leadership development and organizational managed markets initiatives, including upskilling the managed markets acumen of the all Lundbeck employees. This function/position will support budget management and oversee vendor management. Finally, this position is responsible for the overall execution of the managed markets training and development plan, which includes ensuring all training and related promotional activities are compliant with operational guidelines, alliance agreements and Lundbeck’s core values and actions.
- Creates and delivers training curriculum to the field sales organization and home office personnel focused on increasing the knowledge of managed markets.
- Partners with the managed markets marketing team to identify emerging managed market trends and propose related training and development actions, when appropriate.
- Regularly assesses the sale force and management training needs by observing individual account manager performance/behaviors and collaborating with appropriate cross-functional area(s).
- Participates in, and leads, strategic projects designed to fulfill the needs of the field sales force. These projects include continuous collaboration with all relevant support departments: Managed Markets, Marketing, Clinical, Regulatory, IT, Sales Ops, HR, etc. and include, but are not limited to, new product launches, new marketing directives, new indication launches, new positioning directives, etc.
- Analyzes and assesses training effectiveness to determine when revisions, enhancements, or new programs should occur, and receives recommendation/input from team; provides input to training leadership.
- Proactively considers/identifies new strategies, tactics and vendors to raise the level of the team’s thinking and performance, ultimately finding ways to do more with less.
- Reviews department reports, sales trainee evaluations, field coaching reports, and any other reports trainers are required to complete, and evaluates the effectiveness of training feedback.
- For all initiatives, and when possible, develops evaluations and establishes other ways to measure training impact and effectiveness; reports measurement results and adjusts plans accordingly.
- Acts as main point of contact for day-to-day operations related to managed markets and sales/marketing departments in the development of new training initiatives, or supporting changes in direction.
- Leads selected training efforts and initiatives as identified by Sr. Director of Training, Development and Meetings, including POA planning meetings, special training initiatives, etc.
- Participates in, and contributes to, the interviewing and hiring decisions for the training team.
- Proactively manages the franchise training budget.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum seven (7) years in the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry
- Minimum two (2) years of leading and influencing others. Leading and influencing others can include direct reports, or significant leadership of colleagues who are not direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions that support business needs and align with company values
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Ability to develop and facilitate training classes/workshops
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, which includes developing and delivering presentations
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage and influence relationships with work colleagues
- Ability to work with multiple internal cross-functional teams and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully as a team leader, team member and as an individual
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (e.g., Power Point, Word, Excel)
PREFERRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Managed markets experience, either selling or building training and development curriculum
- Accredited Master’s/MBA
- CNS experience
- Experience as an account manager, including specialty account management
- Experience in sales training
- Budget management experience
- Vendor management experience
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 30% domestically. International travel may be required.
See Job Description