Posted in Compliance 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
In order to be successful in this role candidate must have strong understanding of all components of HSSE compliance including incident investigation, life safety, air permitting, and wastewater, hazardous and non-hazardous waste and emergency procedures.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
* ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY assignments conducted to determine compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, and conformance with internal company policies, procedures and standards.
* COMPLIANCE STATUS ANALYSIS technical reports containing, identifying non-compliance conditions and recommending actions to correct and prevent recurrence.
* ADDRESS AUDIT RESULT outcomes by creating and tracking corrective actions with work teams
* Compile and evaluate audit data to determine trends and assist with resource identification.
* UTILIZE HSSE INFORMATION management system database to develop, maintain and update audit templates as needed
* Develop and maintain audit schedules within team structure.
* Develop and maintain facility risk ranking criteria.
* Provide other HSSE compliance support as needed.
* And other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree in Environmental Science or another related scientific or engineering field of study.
* 5+ years experience in Health, Safety, Security & Environmental or related field.
* Experience with HSSE management systems is a plus.
* Strong communication and writing skills.
* Ability to present to all organizational levels
* Demonstrated ability to work well within cross-functional teams to establish appropriate corrective action based on measured results
* Proficiency using Microsoft Office products required
* Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
* HSSE related auditor certification is a plus
* CHMM or related certification is a plus
OTHER SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES:
* In order to succeed in this position, one must have excellent database, organizational, and recordkeeping skills. Good communication (writing, presentations, training, etc.) skills are also required.
* Activities can involve extensive travel, some of which could be "last minute" under adverse conditions for extended periods of time. 24-hour availability is required in the event of an emergency. A cell phone and laptop computer are provided.
* Work will sometimes be necessary in hazardous locations, including working around excavations, construction equipment, transport vehicle, spill response equipment, etc.
* A strong commitment to Safety and Environmental Excellence is expected.
* Required abilities can include the following: rigorous field activities (lifting, shoveling, bending, soil boring, etc.) and ability to climb to heights in excess of 50 feet. Candidate must be qualified to wear a respirator and other necessary PPE.
* This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
* This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
PHYSICAL & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
* Corporate and field locations
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Send This Job to a Friend
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.