Environmental Compliance Specialist at Applied Industrial Technologies
Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
We are seeking an Environmental Compliance Specialist to contribute to the success of Applied Industrial Technologies as an integral part of the Risk Management and Insurance team.
Come for the job; stay for the career! Connect with one of the best companies to work for in Northeast Ohio! Applied Industrial Technologies is a 17-time winner of the Northcoast 99 Best Places to Work in Northeast Ohio award. We offer free parking, subsidized benefits including health care, vision, & dental, on-site fitness center and cafeteria, tuition reimbursement, and career development opportunities.
Maintain and update / upgrade the Applied Industrial corporate wide EMS systems include tracking, reporting, training, and enhancement recommendations to meet / exceed Applied s metrics / expectations.
* Manage the development and implementation of Applied s Environmental Management System to earn and maintain ISO 14001 certification for all locations
* Provide environmental compliance support to worldwide operations across a variety of regulatory program areas including hazardous waste, storm water discharges, air emissions, chemical/spill prevention, and community right-to-know regulations
* Create and capture metrics for recycling programs for all locations. Publish results vs. standards thereby reducing waste, costs, improving cycle time, increasing sales/gross profit, and customer satisfaction
* Monitor and control environmental compliance schedules and performance to assure timely and accurate data reviews and reporting
* Enhance and deliver environmental awareness training for associates across the business in multiple locations / divisions
* Follow regulatory trends and evaluate new and proposed regulations for application to company initiatives
* Evaluate and document compliance performance and capability through the use of regular audits using best practices
* Participate in environmental projects to maximize system efficiencies
* Manage environmental policies and procedures through the process life cycle including development, commissioning, reporting and review. Accountable for compliance with international, federal, state, and local regulatory requirements re EPA, DOT, MSHA, OSHA REACH, RoHS)
* Establish and maintain operations procedures to meet the packing, shipping, storage, and handling requirements of state and federal Department of Transportation for regulated items including hazardous materials
* Evaluate locations operations and processes to determine the applicability of storm water permits, air emission permits, Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) plans, hazardous waste management, as well as ISO 14001 Environmental Management conformance
* Coordinate, lead, and participate in ISO 14001 and other audits. Complete associated recordkeeping, ,filing, documenting, and corrective actions
* Conduct environmental due diligence audit and reviews for acquisitions
* Coordinate and execute emergency response activities involving spills or discharges of hazardous materials. Monitor waste disposal practices and procedures for all materials
* Partner in training of ISO auditors as well as personnel to recognize, identify, and handle hazardous materials in normal and emergency operations
* Analyze current usage / trends performance against standards. Lead and participate in root cause analysis. Identify and present opportunities for improvement to continuously raise the bar
* Create and disseminate environmental and safety communications for the field.
* 5+ years proven professional Environmental Compliance Management experience
* Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) certification
* 5+ years regulatory experience required in EPA, REACH, RoHS
* DOT, MSHA, OSHA experience, preferred
* 2+ years technical analysis and report writing experience
* Computer and MS Office proficiency, including Excel (pivot tables, v-look ups)
* Proven analytical and problem solving ability, time management and prioritization skills
* Continuous learning mindset
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including English grammar
* Interpersonal, multi-tasking skills to drive results individually and as part of a team
* Bachelor s Degree in Environmental Management OR equivalent experience
* Must live in Cleveland metro area. We are unable to provide relocation expenses
* Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Build a rewarding career with a global leader in industrial distribution!
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.