Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer (Lundbeck North America) at Lundbeck Pharmaceutical Services
Posted in Legal 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Deerfield, Illinois
Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer (Lundbeck North America)
No company knows the brain better. Lundbeck is uncompromisingly committed to the research, development and delivery of targeted therapies for people living with significant psychiatric and neurological disorders. At Lundbeck, we believe life is too beautiful to be interrupted by brain disorders. So, we pursue imaginative solutions, driven by passionate people committed to do the right thing for our patients, our company and our communities. Lundbeck strives to be a leader in depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
For Lundbeck, making a meaningful difference for patients is more than an aspiration: it is a commitment that shapes everything we do. Our advocacy for patients isn’t an invented “company value” – it is at the core of who we are and motivates every individual at Lundbeck. Our ongoing engagement with patient communities is not what you might expect from a pharmaceutical company – we create our own programs to help patients and caregivers not simply manage their conditions but thrive in spite of them.
The Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer position is an Executive level position reporting to the VP, North American Legal Affairs & General Counsel. Responsibilities include: managing the U.S. Compliance function; assuming the responsibilities of the Chairperson of the U.S. Compliance Committee; collaborating with Global Compliance in Copenhagen, including sharing of best practices; and working with U.S. and Canadian Legal Teams in implementing the compliance programs in the U.S. and Canada.
Manages the North America Compliance functions for Lundbeck including:
- Develops and maintains policies, procedures and standards of conduct.
- Chairs the U.S. Compliance Committee.
- Conducts effective training and education.
- Develops and maintains effective lines of communication at all levels of the company.
- Develops and conducts effective auditing and monitoring of programs.
- Enforces standards through appropriate disciplinary guidelines.
- Responds promptly to detected offenses and undertakes corrective action.
- Conducts appropriate risk assessments to identify areas of focus.
- Works with the U.S. Legal function, Human Resources, other support functions and the lines of business to support the compliance program.
- Supports the compliance program in Canada.
- Collaborates with Global Compliance in Copenhagen, including sharing of best practices.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Accredited Bachelor’s Degree and Juris Doctorate Degree.
- At least 10 years of experience providing legal counsel to pharmaceutical or medical device companies.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and managing US compliance functions for a pharmaceutical or medical device company.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the required elements of compliance programs as outlined in the US Federal Sentencing Guidelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, and the FDA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the OIG guidelines
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Experience as head or deputy head of US compliance function for a pharmaceutical company
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 20% a year. Occasional international travel is required.
See Job Description