Supplier Diversity HUB Specialist - Office of Diversity & Equal Opportunity (Temporary Assignment) at UT Southwestern Medical Center
Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Dallas, Texas
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Accounting, supply chain management or related field with at least with a minimum three (3) years relevant working experience in procurement/supplier diversity is required; Experience in developing and implementing principles and practices of 'world class' supplier programs is preferred.
* Prepares and submits necessary HUB reports to Texas Procurement and Support Services (TPASS). Analyzes various forms of data needed to use in preparation of mandatory financial reports showing program results.
* Monitors and ensures successful delivery of diverse supplier metrics against contractual obligations and organizational goals; conduct audits of HUB; manage/coordinate HUB program development and compliance; implement a communication strategy to include a quarterly supplier diversity scorecard.
* Creates and manages a formal second-tier program which includes defining and managing prime supplier participation requirements and processes, including tracking and reporting, benchmarking best practices in advance strategies such as mentor/protege program, Good Faith Effort program/reporting and outreach.
* Provides instructions to bidders on HUB plan submission requirements of state guidelines. Evaluates HUB plan submissions and determines level of acceptability.
* Coordinate UTSW's participation in promotional events, Trade Shows, and diverse business development events.
* Manage the web site and communication process for Supplier Diversity initiative.
* Represents UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas at professional and civic organization assemblies. Develops, conducts and/or attends pre-bid conferences, seminars, chamber of commerce meetings and participates in trade shows designed to foster interaction between campus and HUB suppliers.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.