Senior Graphic Designer
at Perry Ellis International Inc.
Posted in Art 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Miami, Florida
Senior Graphic Designer
Perry Ellis International is seeking a Sr. Graphic Designer to work with the Creative Director, Graphic Designers, Project Managers, Marketing / Sales teams, Copywriters, Photographers and Production staff to ensure that concepts are executed properly within budget and time constraints. In addition, the Sr. Graphic Designer will ensure seasonal direction, established color palettes, consistency in design, art direction and some photography, as well as create a cohesive relationship between visual and written creative concepts. The Sr. Graphic Designer will also spearhead photography direction for the acquired brands under their umbrella. This is a multi-tasking role, requiring work on more than one project at a time .
- Conceptualize, develop and execute innovative design solutions for marketing/branding materials, within guidelines established in partnership with the Creative Director.
- Conceptualizing and developing artwork for projects within a Brand group following brand guidelines.
- Successfully lead the creative process and collaborate with upper level management, and make sound decisions to ensure final product meets expectations.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, Merchandisers and Designers to develop appropriate creative strategies and concepts.
- Research, develop, present and execute all photography campaign direction for the golf division brands.
- Create brand specific electronic and printed materials for catalogs, sales meeting graphics, websites, newsletters, trim packages and other departmental materials as needed.
- Coordinate with copywriters, photographers, production, other designers and marketing managers to ensure projects are produced to meet Perry Ellis International standards for quality and accuracy.
- Coordinate and lead the work of junior and senior graphic designers
- Stay abreast of developments in graphic design field to promote growth and share with team members
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and innovate to meet constraints of cost, time and marketing or sales needs
- Coordinate with Traffic Manager as needed to request assistance in order to meet deadlines.
- Creates advertising for concept campaigns, print, preprints, mailers and postcards.
- Guides the conversion of these ideas into effective retail advertising design to promote immediate sales and achieve the Company’s fashion/brand image goals.
- Mentors art directors, assistant art directors and graphic designers.
- Extracting vital information from technical fact sheets and converting into exciting advertising design that will motivate potential customers to buy.
- Collaborates with Project Managers & Merchandise to ensure coordination of appropriate merchandise for creative advertising pieces.
- Checks all art &/or photography to ensure factual accuracy, adequacy of selling message, creative effectiveness and compliance with vendor/co-op regulations before submitting to senior management.
- Reviews proper relationship, design/photography to price emphasis, and resets or repositions as needed.
- Provides personal accountability for the accuracy of all final art for assigned projects including trims / printed collateral, brand campaigns etc..
- Encourages designers and helps develop aesthetic sensitivity required to judge layout, type and photography.
- Maintains brand standards by which leadership has set and upholds creative excellence expectations.
- Monitors projects to ensure established due dates are met.
- Communicates weekly with team, Project manager and Sr Creative Director.
- Creates new graphic formats or implements formats approved by Creative leadership, as
- required, to meet the needs of individual promotional themes, regional variations, and general economic climate.
- Provide direction to and follow-up on various stages of marketing / sales projects with production, photographers, designers and freelance artists; all to achieve the best product possible within established budget guidelines.
- Print layout experience required, digital experience a plus.
- Significant experience in layout for related media with proven management skills and preferably with experience directing, training and guiding other art directors/designers.
- Experience in art direction for apparel photo shoots.
- Excellent knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles; media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, sense of style, ability to portray a high taste level in all communication arts.
- Demonstrated leadership, creativity, aesthetic sensitivity, ability to multi-task, and project management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while maintaining a positive, can-do service oriented attitude.
- Proven record of advanced presentation and communication skills to upper management.
- Advanced typography acumen and awareness.
- Must be proficient in InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustration and other MAC based applications and design programs. Excellent attention to detail and strong visualization skills.
- Excellent design ability, including print and web
- Skilled in Adobe CS
- Skilled at communicating and selling ideas both orally and in writing
- Able to handle a number of projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Responsible for following a workload calendar, and delivering work on time.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate with others as needed to ensure timing, quality and accuracy of projects.
- Willing to learn, excited by new challenges
- Sitting for long periods of time at computer
- Use of sharp objects to trim paper, board and other materials
- Ability to install hanging, mounted graphics as needed
- May need to travel 15-25% of the time
See Job Description
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.