Senior Vice President, Public Affairs at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
In our NY Corporate and Public Affairs practice, we’re a team of 150+ dedicated professionals including former city, state, and federal government employees, philanthropic experts, journalists, MBAs, lawyers, and integrated communications marketing experts including planners and creatives. We’ve worked with many of NYC’s iconic organizations across the nonprofit, philanthropic, government, education, corporate, and real estate sectors. We support clients to execute campaigns that enhance their credibility on an issue and influence audience perception and actions. We develop positioning programs that empower an organization to get its message across in a meaningful and impactful way.
Overview of the Role
Edelman is seeking a Senior Vice President of Public Affairs reporting directly to the General Manager of the Public Affairs practice. You… are a seasoned leader with a strong communications/integrated marketing background in either/or non-profit, education, NGO, foundation and/or communications agency with a proven track record of success.
You will be involved and lead some of the most cutting edge integrated marketing work for clients such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Conservation International, NYU and many others. Some successful past campaigns led by this practice include work for Lambda Legal, Burn Bright for the New York Liberty, a women’s empowerment launch for the City of New York and the 62 Million Girls campaign with First Lady Michelle Obama.
As a member of the Public Affairs leadership team, you will demonstrate the skills and behaviors needed to build culture, up-level client work, expand our collective capability and drive growth. You are a big-picture thinker, but also able to turn big ideas into action. You demonstrate superior communication skills, charisma and executive presence. You are hungry to learn and evolve personally, and undaunted by change or complexity. You will work with your colleagues across Corporate and Public Affairs as in close partnership with your peers across the agency including our Digital, Planning and Creative teams.
You will be a thought partner with the GM for Public Affairs.
You have a proven background in communications, with people management, business development and budget management. You have a strong understanding of how to communicate with teams and work from both client and agency perspectives. You have a track record of leading profitable programs that have advanced client business goals. You are a superb people manager and have experience successfully managing resources and budgets as well as helping win new business. We're looking for a driven professional, who can provide expert and creative client counsel, while inspiring and leading teams.
- Build strong, trusting relationships with clients as the senior counselor on your businesses
Inspire, coach, motivate and manage teams
- Bring an integrated marketing mindset to your teams and to your colleagues
- Ensure your team’s client programs reflect the breadth of the Edelman Communications Marketing approach: earned-centric; social by design; informed, optimized and measured by data; brought to life with stunning creative
- Address client issues thoughtfully, creatively and effectively
- Contribute to the strategy and culture-building of the practice as a member of the Public Affairs leadership team
- Evaluate campaign results against objectives
- Assist in driving organic growth; participate in new business efforts in your sector/area of expertise
All Edelman staff create their performance goals in partnership with their supervisor, and undergo an annual 360-degree review process. The SVP will be evaluated on skill and behavioral competencies, with hard and soft measures including (but not limited to) revenue growth, personal leadership style, innovation and creativity, strategic thinking, contributions to NY Corporate and Public Affairs culture and team retention rates.
- The Senior Vice President should have a bachelor’s degree in a related field and strong understanding of how to communicate with teams and work from both client and agency sides.
- 10 or more years or experience in one or a combination of non-profit, NGO’s, Education, Foundations and/or agency.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- S/he should have a track record of leading profitable programs that have advanced client business goals.
- S/he should be a superb people manager and have experience successfully managing resources and budgets as well as helping win new business.
- S/he will be entrepreneurial and professional and have the confidence necessary to manage a team.