Application Launch Manager (Remote Opportunity) at Kenco
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
About the Position
The WMS Application Launch Manager will manage, and support the deployment of enterprise WMS technology in North America. The ideal candidate will have a background in Logistics, understand best practices, be conversant in warehousing terminology, able to read and visualize "to be" model based on experience, and able to look beyond current practices. Candidate must have hands on experience with WMS technology and any experience with High Jump 3PL would be preferred. This position allows working remotely if the candidate is based outside of Chattanooga, TN. This position requires travel to customer sites for implementation and support of the WMS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating all product activities during the life of a project; including but not limited to, WMS design, implementation planning and execution; vendor liaise; customer liaise; development and maintenance of product documentation; development and maintenance of product training materials; testing support; troubleshooting; and Level 3 production support.
- The Application Launch Manager will maintain an expert working knowledge of the High Jump 3PL software, along with a basic understanding of other similar product functionality being deployed by Kenco. An understanding of both the functional and technical aspects of the product is required, as well as an understanding of the product's capabilities and limitations
- Develop a technical process and perform analysis and/or specify an integrated solution between systems
- Deliver small to large/complex WMS solutions, capable of taking minimal direction from a project lead, and working independently, as necessary
- Write operational and system procedures with detail following a pre-designed format
- Drill down from a high level process with consistency and identify WMS configuration based on process flow
- Work out complicated system and operational solutions within a framework (operational flow) and little other known information
- Follow a data map and technical process to ensure that the system performs as expected
- Ability to design a test plan
- Manage scope and present alternatives
- Manage and report on a budget
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, and supervisors)
- Manage vendor relationships and deliverables
- Ensure implementation quotes are consistent with the contract.
- Review of vendor invoices.
- Resolve or escalate to Product Manager any issues with vendor performance. This function deals with implementation and post implementation support issues.
- Serves as the account manager for accounts after WMS Implementation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the experience, training, knowledge, education, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or University in Information Technology or related field
- Two (2) years or more logistics experience
- Three (3) years or more IT experience
- Experience with the warehouse or logistics ERP, High Jump 3PL WMS knowledge highly preferred
- Detail oriented, process driven, and customer focused
- Strong action-orientated team player; strong preference to work with a team, values communication and collaboration
- Excellent communication skills: ability to communicate via e-mail and conference call effectively; ability or experience working on a team separated by physical distance
- Comfortable with collaborative approach to project management-- willing to work toward consensus; agreement/alignment is the cornerstone of go-forward position, "do what you promised you would do" attitude and willing to accept ownership
- Flexibility to operate, and self-driven to excel, in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking and highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Strong Microsoft Project skills
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.