Buyer III - Mechanical/Optical/Cables
at DRS Technologies
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute/Generate CPSR-compliant purchase orders, based on approved requisitions, requests for proposals, bids and other similar and necessary documents related to the purchasing of commodities or major subcontract items. Must have DoD experience and familiarity with ITAR, FAR and DFAR.
- Facilitate and manage any supplier issues (i.e. cost, quality, delivery, customer service)
- Manage all aspects of supplier including A/P holds
- Initiate and follow through on any supplier changes (Engineering Change Notices)
- Lead negotiations and apply knowledge of commercial contract law and guidelines, practices and requirements to assess, plan and negotiate best terms and conditions and to minimize risk
- Establish and maintain sound professional relationships with suppliers. Resolve issues (e.g. pricing, quality, timing, claims, contract disputes, etc.) associated with terms and conditions of service agreements
- Understand demand/spend profile for commodity areas, and provide this information as necessary
- Track and report cost savings or avoidances
- Maintain current accurate records and files of all vendor agreements and related procurement records
- Communicate supplier performance including supplier visits as required
- Be the primary contact between DRS personnel and assigned suppliers. Conduct regular status and business review meetings with suppliers.
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the company
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in Government procurement
- Strong component and electrical knowledge
- Extensive experience in procurement of mechanical and optical parts/materials as well as cables
- Requires the ability to understand military specs, technical and electrical drawings, and read blue prints
- Requires the ability to understand and adhere to all laws pertaining to procurement, contracts, breach by contract, etc.
- Experience working in a CPSR compliant environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- US citizenship or US person status required
Leonardo DRS, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #LEL #EOIS
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.