Posted in Facilities 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: New Haven, ConnecticutJob Description:
Owens Realty Services
New Haven, CT, United States of America
Our employees experience a dynamic and rewarding place to work. We have a reputation for outstanding customer service, professionalism, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations. We consider the employees of Owens Realty Services and Owens Facility Services to be one of our most valuable resources. Our employees treat others in a friendly and courteous manner and have respect for other employees, tenants,visitors and our clients property.
Job Skills / Requirements
Excellent opportunity for experienced, organized and customer-service oriented professional capable of taking responsibility for the operation and maintenance of all buildings systems and repairs within owner's units, responsible for maintaining the property inside and out including amenities in a safe, attractive, comfortable condition. 40% of time to be spent in supervisory and administrative functions, 60% of time to be spent “hands-on” performing maintenance related issues.
• Excellent customer service skills. Responsive customer service coordination a must.
• Ability to interact and communicate with professional courtesy, tact and discretion with residents, contractors, board and staff.
• Strong decision making skills: ability to make informed confident and accountable decisions.
• Ability to create, implement, maintain and refine preventative maintenance program and operate and maintain a computerized maintenance management system.
• Mechanical knowledge and trouble-shooting capabilities.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate activity of subordinates.
• Strong planning and organizing skills.
• Familiarity with budgeting.
• Flexibility: ability to adjust and respond to unexpected situations and unplanned events.
• Participative management skills.
• Preparing estimates and billbacks for unit owner work
• Minimum 5 years in building maintenance
• Engineering experience preferred
• Certificates in plumbing, mechanical , electrical, HVAC and boiler or completion of certified training programs desirable
• Experience in operating and maintaining chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatments, boilers and pumps.
• Supervisory experience.
• Working knowledge of using a computerized work order system. Yardi Rent Cafe preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; push/pull equipment; use arm, leg and back muscles for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb, stoop, kneel or crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, hazardous materials and waste. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Additional Information / Benefits
Established in 1990, Owens Realty Services is a full-service commercial brokerage, investment, management, maintenance, housekeeping and environmental services company. Our comprehensive roster of services efficiently and economically manages the operation of sophisticated real estate investment portfolios, residential apartment and condominium complexes, government buildings, educational facilities, corporate campuses, high-profile venues and family entertainment parks in both the public and private sector. Owens Realty Services affiliates with significant industry associations to stay on the forefront of the development of new management models, marketing strategies, maintenance techniques and industry product lines. We integrate industry best practices to achieve the highest quality of service delivery for our clients.
With an emphasis on customized management plans, our services result in maintaining the maximum life cycles for critical capital investments, a healthy and clean environment for all building tenants and visitors, as well as substantial cost savings. Owens Realty Services saves our clients, on average, approximately $1.00 per square foot in operational cost savings.
Owens Realty Services portfolio includes over 25 million square feet of first class, high profile facilities in Connecticut , Florida, North Carolina and New York with a value of more than $8 billion in real estate net worth and $30 million in gross annual revenue. With over 1,000 industry professionals company-wide, our organization continues to experience extraordinary growth attributed to our overwhelming commitment and dedication to the absolute best and most innovative services in the industry.
We look for employees who will: