Nutra Blend Procurement Specialist/Buyer at Land O'Lakes
Posted in General Labor 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: ARDEN HILLS, Minnesota
The agriculture and food industries are growing fast. With a variety of positions in a lot of different places, Land O’Lakes has just the job for you. Land O'Lakes, Inc., (www.landolakesinc.com) one of America's premier agribusiness and food companies, is a member-owned cooperative with industry-leading operations spanning the spectrum from agricultural production to consumer foods. With 2015 annual sales of $13 billion, we manage some of the most respected brands including LAND O LAKES® Dairy Foods, Purina Animal Nutrition and WinField Solutions. To all the big thinkers, the leaders, future leaders, change makers, hard workers and everyone with a passion for doing something meaningful—we want you on our team. Land O'Lakes is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Nutra Blend LLC is an industry leader in manufacturing and distributing quality vitamin, trace mineral, micro-ingredients, and antibiotic premixes for the feed industry.
We're hiring a Procurement Specialist/Buyer to join our team in Neosho, MO! This role is responsible for serving as the company’s primary point of contact with vendors, quality control, customer care, transportation, accounting and warehouses. In addition, you are responsible for ensuring and implementing industry-leading purchasing practices that provide superior service and value to our stakeholders.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Analyze and manage appropriate inventory levels using forecasts and historical demand information.
- Correspond with vendors to place orders, communicate with transportation and warehousing to arrange delivery, and collaborate with customer service, pricing, and sales to ensure appropriate market information is syndicated in a timely manner.
- Understand customer requirements (product specifications, quantities, timing, pricing, etc.), and market intelligence to negotiate industry-leading terms and conditions.
- Develop/enhance appropriate relationships with suppliers. Identify and objectively qualify new suppliers
- Negotiate supply/distribution agreements.
- Actively collaborate with key internal stakeholders (including Purina Animal Nutrition, PMI, peers in other Business to Business operations, and Winfield United).
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or higher
1 or more years of purchasing experience
Experience analyzing market trends
CSCP or ISM’s CPSM certification
Competencies and other skills:
- Strong organizational skills, sense of urgency and follow through
- Strong problem solving, resourcing and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to self-manage, prioritize and be comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of Windows – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- ERP System experience
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques, as well as experience analyzing market trends.
- Strong analytical skills, troubleshooting and judgment skills
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.