Maintenance Mechanic at COMMUNITY SOLUTIONS INC
Posted in Facilities 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bloomfield, Connecticut
Facility maintenance and repair including ensuring compliance with all building, fire, ADA, and health codes, as well as contract standards pertaining to the Agency's facilities.
- Organize and manage on-going maintenance repairs, cleanup, and routine building repairs.
- Make repairs and perform preventive maintenance functions on the Agency's structures, systems (fire/smoke), and large and small appliances, in accordance with generally accepted procedures in the area of maintenance.
- Complete paint jobs, conduct electrical repairs, perform carpentry work, plastering, roof work, plumbing and occasional masonry work.
- Ensure that an adequate supply of maintenance materials and house supplies are on hand at all times.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the agency's programs, policies and procedures, especially they as relate to maintenance and facility operation. Strictly adhere to key and lock control procedures.
- Assist supervisor with work planning and review sessions, as well as monitoring the Agency facilities to identify ways to ensure policy compliance and control costs and waste.
- Assist supervisor with conducting weekly inspections Agency buildings and report major problems or deficiencies to the supervisor, or Program Director as appropriate.
- Maintain working knowledge of all city, state, and federal building, fire, ADA, and health codes. Make necessary repairs to ensure compliance with same.
- Manage jobs and operate equipment and facilities with least practical expense, and with regard to fuel and energy conservation.
- Perform other duties assigned by Facilities Manager.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, those specifically identified in this description. The Company may, at its sole discretion, add to, change, or expand the essential or marginal functions of this position at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school or trade school diploma
- Three years relevant working experience in the areas of construction, preventative maintenance and repair.
- Must own a supply of basic tools and have adequate transportation to obtain supplies to service all properties.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
BENEFITS: CSI offers great benefits which include two weeks’ vacation with progressive increases, sick time, floating holiday time. Benefits also include medical, dental, vision, FSA, voluntary STD, Accident, Hospital, Life insurance and AD&D. Employees are eligible to participate immediately in the company 401k plan where the company matches 100% up to 4% of your contribution.
CSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disability/Vet. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.