Sr. Account Executive, Corporate Technology
at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
We’re seeking a seasoned Senior Account Executive to join our Zeno team supporting corporate communications for one of the Bay Area’s most innovative and forward-thinking technology companies - Salesforce. This role is based in San Francisco. We are looking for a talented and collaborative PR professional to provide confident, experience-based counsel in media relations, story and content development, executive conference participation, and overall communications planning. The candidate will be proficient and enthusiastic about all aspects of media relations and story development (traditional and digital/social media channels), and eager to learn about Salesforce and its impact.
- Play a major role in the research, planning and development of comprehensive PR campaigns and announcements
- Demonstrate proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving outreach plans, message development, and effective pitching and coordination
- Build relationships with key business, technology, consumer and trade press, and possess an ability to think like a journalist to develop compelling stories
- Provide ongoing strategic recommendations as to what industry conferences and speaking events Salesforce executives should participate in
- Regularly track and digest industry trends, stories and insights to proactively identify relevant learnings and new ideas for Salesforce
- Consistently produce high quality written content, including internal and client correspondence, communications recommendations, press materials, etc.
- Serve as a daily client contact; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects at once, independently and within the team
- Oversee performance of accounts, ensuring work quality and deadline adherence
- Be detail oriented, and develop a command of the client business and style
- Help set achievable client program goals and manage against them
- Oversee junior staff’s work products to ensure quality and consistency
- Motivate teamwork and coach junior staff in developing strong storytelling, pitching and media relations skills
- Manage down, across and up by working closely with staff and peers and by ensuring senior team members meet approval deadlines and stay on track with deliverables
- Contribute to the performance appraisal process for peers, managers and direct reports
- Commit to continuous learning and leadership development
You will succeed at Zeno if you are fearless, resourceful, tenacious, have an understanding of traditional and non-traditional PR tactics and the media landscape, and drive great results for clients while building great relationships with your clients and your team.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- At least three years of relevant experience in PR and/or related fields; previous agency with corporate and/or technology industry experience is strongly preferred
- An understanding of the integral role PR plays in technology and familiarity with best practice communications tactics and PR tools
- A pulse on today’s ever-changing media and business landscape; bonus for existing contacts with key business, technology, consumer and trade press
- Creative brand storytelling prowess and strong media relations, research, writing and editing skills are a must
- Excellent written skills and a strong attention to detail, demonstrated experience crafting newsworthy pitches, releases, contributed articles
- Strong presentation and verbal communications skills, with experience working directly with clients and actively participating in client meetings
- Eagerness to understand Salesforce and its mission and stakeholders
- A collaborative spirit and proven ability to manage large projects as well as small teams on one or more sizable accounts
Zeno Group offers a creative and differentiating benefits package including a variety of medical and dental choices, vacation, optional and sick time. We also offer a 401(k) plan, pretax flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, a prescription drug benefit plan, a vision plan, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance and programs that support flexibility and promote work/life balance. In addition, our unique ZenoFit wellness program offers financial support to pursue the wellness activity of your choice.
Zeno Group's culture is innovative and energetic. If you thrive on a creative challenge and are looking for an opportunity that offers plenty of growth potential and career development, then we are looking for you!
Say hello on Twitter: @zenogroup.
Join us on Facebook: Facebook.com/zenogroup
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.