Farm + Ranch Retail Operations Manager - Mid Atlantic Region at Land O'Lakes
Posted in General Labor 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: ARDEN HILLS, Minnesota
The agriculture and food industries are growing fast. With a variety of positions in a lot of different places, Land O’Lakes has just the job for you. Land O'Lakes, Inc., (www.landolakesinc.com) one of America's premier agribusiness and food companies, is a member-owned cooperative with industry-leading operations spanning the spectrum from agricultural production to consumer foods. With 2015 annual sales of $13 billion, we manage some of the most respected brands including LAND O LAKES® Dairy Foods, Purina Animal Nutrition and WinField Solutions. To all the big thinkers, the leaders, future leaders, change makers, hard workers and everyone with a passion for doing something meaningful—we want you on our team. Land O'Lakes is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Purina Animal Nutrition LLC (purinamills.com) is a national organization serving producers, animal owners and their families through more than 4,700 local cooperatives, independent dealers and large Farm & Ranch retailers throughout the United States.
With an uncompromising commitment to animal excellence, Purina Animal Nutrition conducts industry-leading R&D initiatives that create and sustain a valued portfolio of complete feeds.
Purpose: Achieve Purina retail business objectives including sales volume, distribution, merchandising and employee training through effective management of assigned agricultural retail stores in the Mid Atlantc United States.
This position will have no direct reports, but will have responsibility for a 3rd party retail team within a specified geography.
Area of Responsibility:
35% - Manage and motivate 3rd party retail team within a specified geographic area to execute against key retail/store business objectives.
35% - Through the sales and training process, elevate the Purina Feed brand’s in store conditions and presence to ever higher levels by influencing agricultural retailer’s store managers.
20% - Manage communication process between Purina Marketing, Field Sales, Retail Operations, and 3rd Party service provider
5% - Manage Regional Retail budget
5% - Attend headquarter sales calls on Regional and National agricultural retailers as needed
Location: Within 30 minutes of a major airport in the Mid Atlantic
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 2 or more years or consumer package goods or related retail experience
- Strong knowledge of agricultural retailers or related retail experience
- Strong financial and analytical acumen
- Strong Public Speaking Skills
- TRAVEL 75%
- Animal Science degree, a closely related field or previous experience with Equine, Cattle and Hobby Type Lifestyle animals
- Experience training at store-level with a focus on selling
- Self-starting, goal directed with proven ability to achieve results through self and others
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, persuasive skills
- Able to relate Purina business strategies for positive outcomes
- Ability to manage shifting and multiple priorities, motivated, tactful, responsive manner with Shoppers and Retail store associates
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.