Cytotechnologist (ASCP) (TPT)
at Kaiser Permanente
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Renton, Washington
Description The cytotechnologist duties include:
- Examine cells microscopically and using professional judgment, detect cancer and other conditions on Papsmears and fluids from various body sites. Prepare written diagnostic reports and make recommendation for further evaluation or treatment. Meets minimum screening standard set for department.
- Perform QC procedures and document according to procedure.
- Review retrospective slide QC's as determined by Department Director. Correlate results with findings from pathology.
- Participate in teleconferences, CAP PAP PT'S and multi-level scope sessions and other educational opportunities provided to maintain microscopic skills and screening parameters.
- Document screening time, in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Perform duties for FNA adequacy assessment.
Qualifications Education Minimum Education Requirements
High School Diploma/GED Preferred Education
Bachelor of Science Degree. Knowledge/Skills Minimum Knowledge/Skills Requirements
Basic or limited None.Preferred Knowledge/Skills
Experience Minimum Experience Requirements
- Completion of approved structured program in cytology or equivalent knowledge as defined by
- Federal/State Regulations.
- Operation and basic maintenance of microscope.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written command of the English language.
None Required Preferred Experience
• Minimum five (5) years of microscope work as a Cytotechnologist, including Gyn and non-Gyn.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and organize.
• Evidence of continuing education.
• Willingness to present interesting cases or other areas of expertise in a classroom setting.
• Knowledge and skills sufficient to provide technical instructions on problems and advise others
on cytologic techniques.
• Data entry skills. License/Certifications Minimum License/Certifications Requirements
At time of hire CT (ASCP) Registry.Preferred License/Certifications
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. Job Type:
Standard Employee Status:
Temporary Job Level:
Individual Contributor Job Category:
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.