Histology Tech (ASCP) (Temporary, Renton) at Kaiser Permanente
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Renton, Washington
The Histology Tech duties include:
- Provide quality tissue preparations from grossing, processing, embedding, cutting and staining tissue specimens.
- Perform, document and review quality control to assure the accuracy and staining quality of the slides.
- Effectively operate, maintain and troubleshoot all equipment related to tissue preparations and storage.
- Recognize, correct, and report problems that would cause inaccurate or misleading results.
- Use appropriate handling of hazardous chemicals used for tissue preparation.
Minimum Education Requirements
Associates Degree AA Degree with ASCP or equivalent registry. Graduate of an accredited Histology Program.
Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Science. Graduate of an accredited Histology Program.
Minimum Knowledge/Skills Requirements
Basic or limited None.
Histology, Pathology operations
Laboratory safety, anatomy, medical terminology
Minimum Experience Requirements
Registered HT (ASCP). Must qualify to do High Complexity Testing. Able to gross and dictate descriptions of simple specimens. Assist pathologists with frozen section staining and processing. Assists laboratory assistant or performs accessioning of patient specimens into laboratory computer system when needed.
Registered HTL (ASCP) with a minimum of 2 years’ experience. Experience with tissue processing, embedding, microtomy and routing & special staining. Immunohistochemistry experience is a plus.
Minimum License/Certifications Requirements
HTL (ASCP), PA (ASCP)
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Temporary Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Laboratory Travel: No