Posted in Pharmaceutical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Position Title: Medical Information Scientist
Working Location: North Carolina
Employment Status: Full time
Required Experience: 1 year
Required Education: Doctorate
Travel Required: 15%
To meet the needs of healthcare providers through collaboration with internal business partners to ensure the delivery of accurate and scientifically balanced medical information and to respond to unsolicited inquiries from healthcare professionals (HCPs), including payers and managed healthcare organizations in a manner that will help them make a decision regarding therapy for a patient or product selection.
• Respond to unsolicited medical information questions through verbal or written channels from healthcare providers (HCPs) and payer and managed healthcare organizations by utilizing the highest level of scientific data so that healthcare providers globally are able to make informed clinical decisions about GSK products in a safe & efficacious manner while adhering to business policies and processes.
• Create and update standard medical information content on GSK products utilizing the highest level of evidence, critically evaluate the data with the focus that the information can be shared with healthcare providers by all GSK Local Operating Companies
• Create and update medical information payer content by collaborating and building a strong relationship with our partners (US Medical Affairs Leader, US Health Outcomes, Legal) so that payer and managed care organizations have the necessary resources they need to make decisions regarding GSK products.
• Plan the database by actively reviewing the data dissemination plan for new and relevant GSK data so that medical information content is updated proactively resulting in the most current information in medical information resources for colleagues (Medical Information Scientists, US Medical Affairs Leaders, Medical Affairs Field Liaisons) to share with HCPs regarding GSK products.
• Collaborate with Medical Affairs Field Liaisons to create topic specific presentations as requested by HCPs to share new information regarding a GSK product/disease state or help fulfill knowledge gaps.
• Collaborate with internal business partners (e.g., Medical Affairs, Medical Affairs Field Liaisons and Commercial) to ensure the provision of medical information such as promotional materials, speaker presentations, and field training materials related to a GSK product or related disease state for medical accuracy and scientific balance is accurate and scientifically balanced during the promotional review process.
• Collaborate with Medical Affairs, US Health Outcomes, Medical Affairs Field Liaisons and Commercial to prepare for the launch of a new product (e.g., creation of a medical information database, dossiers, therapeutic slide deck, promotional materials, trainings of MS colleagues and speaker trainings)
• Primary Medical Affairs sign off for the review of promotional materials
• Contribute actively in a Therapeutic Area Team to discuss strategic priorities of GSK product(s), to ensure appropriate resources (e.g., medical information content) are available to meet the priorities, and to present current trends based on fulfillment of medical information content.
• Actively participate in Medical Information Workstreams to develop best practices, ways of working and continuous development and improvement for Medical Information deliverables.
• Doctor of Pharmacy
• 1 year residency experience or 2 years’ post-graduate clinical/pharmaceutical industry experience
• Proof of pharmacist licensure required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.