Embedded Software Engineer Job at Kenworth Truck Company
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Renton, Washington
- Develop embedded software models using MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow per design of the software for next generation electronic control units.
- Manage the source control and controlled release of software models to maintain schedule, budget, and functionality for projects.
- Participate in the planning and tracking of validation and usability studies of vehicle software module functionality.
- Lead reviews to ensure industry leading embedded software development best practices are met with software models and modules.
- Work with vehicle property owners, product developers, system architects, and software architects to develop and maintain software-level technical requirements specifications.
- Contribute to development of procedures and practices that ensure continuous improvement of high quality, reliable software systems.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent required.
- 2+ yrs development & release of automotive or commercial vehicle software or similar industry-related background preferred.
- Proficiency using MATLAB/Simulink, logi.CAD, Rational Rhapsody, Subversion (SVN), and Requirements Management tools is desired.
- Engineering knowledge of heavy duty commercial truck systems and regulations preferred.
- Experience creating documentation including software requirements specifications, and engineering change notices.
- Solid understanding of Design for Six Sigma and Six Sigma techniques.
- Willing to learn and use new engineering processes and techniques and be resourceful in solving complex technical problems.
- Experience in product development and new product implementation.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with personal computer software including project management tools, word processing, flowchart/modeling, presentation, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Willingness to grow personally and professionally in a results-orientated environment.
- Travel up to 10%, including internationally