INSTRUCTOR, ACADEMICS at GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company)
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Graceville, FloridaJob Description:
Maintains a classroom environment that facilitates the teaching of Adult Basic Education, and basic subjects required to pass the GED or equivalent examination. Teaches one or more subjects including, but not limited to reading, mathematics, and language arts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides classroom instruction in the areas of basic education subjects including career planning, social adjustment, and general life skills information.
- May instruct conversational English, and ideas and customs in English to students with limited English proficiency.
- Maintains records including testing, daily inmate/detainee work, attendance and general record keeping.
- Evaluates and maintains inmate/detainee academic progress.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Two (2) years of relevant teaching experience preferred.
- Valid teaching certificate from the Florida Department of Education or comparable authority required.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer