Sr. General Accountant Job at PACCAR Information Technology Division
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Renton, Washington
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR's Information Technology Division (ITD), located in Renton, WA utilizes cutting-edge technology to provide systems development, consulting, voice and data communications services to the entire Corporation, which has high visibility in the technology sector.
PACCAR IT Division is seeking a Senior General Account to join a fast growing accounting team.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Perform month-end financial close processes, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Review and research department expenditure reports, coordinating with managers to ensure proper accounting.
- Lead team oriented projects identifying process improvements opportunities.
- Review the AR and AP statement aging analysis
- Prepare quarterly internal management reports.
- Work with other divisions regarding inter-company cross charges.
- Assist with implementing SAP accounting systems.
- Perform internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley reviews as assigned.
- Perform ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Excellent analytical and technical accounting skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel (charts, pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) and Access skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and perform self-review
- Attention to detail with a 'strategic' focus
- Deadline oriented and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to research and problem solve.
- Positive attitude and 'can-do' approach to issue resolution.
- BS/BA Accounting degree required
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience required
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with co-workers and others.
- Desire to develop leadership and technical skills; pursue advancement opportunities within the company.
Additional Job Board Information