Occupational Health Nurse, GS 12 (External) (Newark)
at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Newark, New Jersey
Open to ALL U.S. Citizens Opening Date: January 11, 2018 Closing Date: January 26, 2018 11:59pm (EST)
Questions regarding this opening should be directed to HR Specialist Michelle Mallon
or MMallon@fbi.gov.Job SummaryPosition:
Occupational Health Nurse, GS 12Division:
Newark Field OfficeLocation:
Newark, NJWorking Hours:
8:15am - 5:00pmSalary:GS 12:
$84,035.00 - $109,245.00Full Performance level:
GS 12Number of Positions Available:
Full Time/PermanentAdditional selections may be made from this announcement to fill positions within the same division when the position includes substantially the same duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.Key Requirements
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
- Occasional travel is required
- Applicants must possess a valid driver's license for state of residence, as well as obtain a government license for the operation of government vehicles, if selected for this position.
- ALL applicants must verify completion of the basic education requirement by submitting a copy of college transcripts by the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
The mission of the FBI is to protect the American People and uphold the Constitution of the United States.Major Duties
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Serves as local technical authority in the office of assignment concerning administration of health care services and programs of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Ensures the medical readiness of the workforce through the administration of the Fitness for Duty (FFD), Medical mandates, Travel Medicine and Vaccination Programs.
- Manages the medical surveillance programs.
- Assesses and treats both routine and emergency health care needs of employees.
- Promotes health and wellness of workforce.
- Provides counseling and health promotion activities within the scope of FBI directives and accepted standards of occupational nursing practice. Counseling covers the areas such as health and wellness, travel medicine, nutrition, as well as disease specific topics.
- Responsible for fitness for duty examinations for annual health reviews of all employees in positions with medical requirements, including ensuring currency of immunizations, reviewing and analyzing of health reviews, medical reports, diagnostic tests and laboratory findings, as well as, scheduling medical examinations as required. Assesses fitness for duty related health matters of on-board personnel.
- Maintains communication with other FBI Occupational Health Nurses, Regional Occupational Health Managers, and HQ-HPCU Administrators.
Please make sure your specialized experience/requirement(s) can be identified in your resume. Applicants must meet the qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the FBI's Candidate Rating Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement and will be compared to your responses to the online assessment questionnaire. High self-assessment in the vacancy questions that is not supported by information in your resume, and/or supporting documents may eliminate you from Most Competitive status.
Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Most Competitive, Competitive, or Least Competitive. Names of candidates in the Most Competitive category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration. Veterans' preference will be applied.All applicants will be rated on the following Competencies:
Positive Education Requirement
- Administrative/Organizational Policies & Procedures
- Customer Service
- Nurse Science
- Problem Solving/Judgment
This position has a specific education requirement; all applicants must verify completion of this basic education requirement by submitting a copy of their college transcripts by the closing date of the vacancy announcement.BASIC EDUCATION:
Applicants MUST have a degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.YOU MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR TRANSCRIPTS TO DOCUMENT THAT YOU HAVE MET THE EDUCATION REQUIREMENT. UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE ACCEPTED IN THE APPLICATION; HOWEVER, OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO BEGINNING EMPLOYMENT.REGISTRATION:
All applicants must have an active, current, UNRESTRICTED license as a Registered Nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the above requirements provided you can show foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States.GS 12:
Applicants must have one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS 11 grade level.Specialized Experience is:
- Providing medical care in a medical or occupational health setting
- Managing and delivering occupational health programs
- Coordinating programs, i.e., OSHA, Drug Deterrence Program and/or managing Workman's Compensation cases
- Developing and implementing employee wellness plans and programs
Education may not be substituted for Specialized Experience at the GS 12 grade level.How to Apply
Step 1: Click the "Start" button to begin an application. You will be prompted to either Sign In to continue the application or to Register with FBIJOBS if you don't already have an account.
Step 2: Follow the Step by Step process to submit an application. You will be guided through each step in the process. You are required to complete all sections of the application to successfully submit your application.Required Documents
To apply to this position, interested applicants must
provide a complete application package by the closing date which includes:
How to Attach DocumentsTo attach documentation as part of your application, please follow the instructions below:
- Your resume, specifically noting relevant work experience and associated start and end dates.
- A complete assessment questionnaire
- Other supporting documents (if applicable):
- College transcripts, if qualifying based on education or if there is a positive education requirement
Step 1: Follow the steps of the application process until you reach the Attachments step
Step 2: Click "Add Attachment"
Step 3: Select the appropriate Attachment Type (or "Other" if one is not available)
Step 4: Populate the "Attachment Purpose" field. Click "Continue"
Step 5: Choose the device on which the attachment is located
Step 6: Upload the desired attachment
Step 7: To add additional attachments at this point in the application process click the "+" on the Attachments stepTo attach documentation to your Global Profile please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Log into your FBI Jobs account, and click "My Submissions"
Step 2: Click the "Add Attachment" located under the "Cover Letters and Attachments" section
Step 3: Follow steps 3 - 6 aboveYou must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. If applying online is a hardship , please contact the HR Specialist listed in the vacancy announcement prior to the closing date for assistance.What to Expect Next
Once your complete application is received we will conduct an evaluation of your qualifications and determine your ranking. The Most Competitive candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified of your status throughout the process.Additional Information
- The FBI is in the Executive Branch of the federal government. It is one of the components of the Department of Justice (DOJ). The FBI is the principle investigative arm of the DOJ. All FBI positions are in the excepted service.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens and consent to a complete background investigation, urinalysis, and polygraph. You must be suitable for Federal employment; as determined by a background investigation.
- Failure to provide necessary and relevant information required by this vacancy announcement may disqualify you from consideration. Additional information will not be requested if your application is incomplete. Your application will be evaluated solely on the basis of information you have submitted.
- If you are hired, you will be required to serve a two-year probationary period. Probationary employees are generally precluded from being considered for other FBI job opportunities until their 24-month probationary period has concluded. Probationary employees may be considered for competitive vacancies that are advertised within their respective division or field office after serving 90 days within the FBI.
Memorandum of Understanding: Work performed outside assigned duties (that would not normally be documented on an SF-50, i. e., back-up duties), has to be documented in detail by an immediate supervisor in order to receive full credit for amount of time worked in that position. If no documentation is furnished no credit will be given for time worked in that position. The following notations must be specified in the documentation (Memorandum of Understanding):
- Percent of time worked in the particular position (cannot conflict with main duties)
- The month/year work began
- Frequency worked (i.e., daily, monthly, etc.)
- Specific duties performed
Attach the Memorandum of Understanding to your application in the "Cover Letters and Attachments" section of My Career Tools on the Careers Home page. Please upload the attachment as type "Other."Veterans' Preference
If you are entitled to veterans' preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume and application. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency.Nepotism
Nepotism is the act of favoring relatives in the hiring process, and is prohibited by law. Public officials are prohibited from hiring or promoting relatives or relatives of officials in their chain of command, as well as actively or indirectly endorse a relative's appointment or promotion.
During the hiring process, all selected candidates and FBI hiring managers will be required to certify they are not related to anyone involved in the hiring process.Reasonable Accommodation Request
The FBI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please notify the Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Affairs (OEEOA) Reasonable Accommodation (RA) Program by either e-mail at REASONABLE_ACCOMMODATIONS@ic.fbi.gov , telephone at 202-324-2158, or FAX at 202-324-3976. Your request will receive an individualized assessment.
This e-mail address is only for reasonable accommodation requests. Please do not submit your application and/or any questions unrelated to reasonable accommodations. Should any applications be received, they will not be forwarded for consideration during the hiring process.Equal Employment Opportunity
The FBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for this vacancy. Except where otherwise provided by law, selection will be made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism, or any other non-merit.Benefits
The FBI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation; sick leave; holidays; telework; life insurance; health benefits; and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System.
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees: http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.