PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Participates in orientation of inmates regarding the institution programs.
- Facilitates and co-facilitates didactic educational presentations, group counseling and individual counseling sessions.
- Selects and recommends new instructional materials and programs for use in the institution programs.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of counseling.
- Maintains a collegiate relationship with other professionals, programs, and associations
- Administers and supervises the administration of standardized achievement tests, vocational assessments and interest inventories.
- Assists the Assistant Warden and Programs Director COC with program review and evaluation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field from an accredited college or university required.
- Two (2) years of experience as an academic instructor, school guidance counselor or a school psychologist or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Valid teaching certificate, either elementary or secondary
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer