at Emerging Tech Media Publication
Posted in Design 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
A major tech news publication seeks an innovative, collaborative digital designer who can help them improve how readers experience our award-winning journalism on digital platforms. This role is for someone who wants to further hone their design chops, know-how about digital platforms, and coding skills.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable diving into fast-turnaround assignments as well as helping execute and refine designs for major digital products and reader experiences. This position reports to the publication's design director (platforms).
• Contribute where needed in the production of photos, illustrations, videos, and other multimedia assets. Illustration, photo illustration, and animation skills a plus.
• Help design wireframes and/or layouts for digital projects.
• Help production designer transition the magazine to web and other digital platforms.
This candidate must:
• Be able to deftly balance and prioritize short-term and long-term projects.
• Have excellent organization and time-management skills.
• Be comfortable collaborating with engineers, art directors, product managers, editors, and reporters.
• Be an active contributor in brainstorming meetings.
• Be familiar with HTML5 and/or CSS3.
• Be familiar with Adobe’s suite of apps, including in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
• Be familiar with CMS tools such as WordPress and project management tools like Trello and Airtable.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.