PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides instruction to inmates for various labor and technical skills through classroom instruction, demonstration and practical exercises.
- Evaluates inmate progress or lack of progress and suggests improvement plans when necessary.
- Maintains records of inmates' vocational progress through interaction with students and their certifying bodies.
- Follows directives of the Program Director and the Administrative Staff.
- Works directly with DOC/DOE in adhering to standards for certification of the facility's BCF Independent Study Programs.
- Provides tracking, inmate and student progress in all Independent Study areas.
- Develops productive relationships with departments outside of the facility's educational program with Maintenance, Business, and outside vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Current vocational certification instructional experience.
- Technical vocational instruction experience.
- Work Experience in managing a large number of adults working through Independent Study vocational certification programs.
- Working knowledge of Computer Business Software and it's instruction and applications.
- Ability to coordinate with Direct Service Vocational Teachers
- Experience in working in an institutional/facility preferred
- Strong Written and Verbal skills.
- Ability to integrate existing "Best Practices" in Independent/Self-Directed Vocational Programs.
- Strong ability to multi-task, work with inmate/students, ability to complete projects with critical deadlines.
- Ability to understand the procurement, tracking and receiving process.
- Ability to motivate groups of people.
- Ability to vary teaching style to meet the needs of the students.
- Ability to work with Computers and the necessary software typically used by the Department.