Secretary-Management Assistant, GS 9 (FBI ONLY) St. Louis
at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Open to current
FBI employees in all locations Opening Date:
12/20/2017 Closing Date:
01/05/2018 11:59 pm (EST)
Questions regarding this opening should be directed to Vikki Ludwig at 304-625-2563
or firstname.lastname@example.orgJob SummaryPosition:
Secretary-Managment Assistant, GS 9Division:
St. Louis Field OfficeLocation:
St. Louis, MissouriWorking Hours:
8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Monday-Friday)Salary:
GS 9 $50,098.00 - $65,130.00Full Performance level:
GS 9Number of Positions Available:
Full Time/Permanent Additional selections may be made from this announcement to fill positions within the same division when the position includes substantially the same duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Key Requirements
Must be a current, permanent FBI employee
Must be able to obtain an SCI clearance
Selectee will be required to complete form FD-887, Request for Access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)Major Duties
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Performs a variety of complex secretarial, clerical and administrative duties
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
- Answers telephones, screens all calls and visitors, completing most routine matters without referring people to the manager
- Proofreads and edits correspondence and documents requiring approval of the manager conformance with regulations, grammar, format, and policies
Please make sure your specialized experience/requirement(s) can be identified in your resume. Applicants must meet the qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the FBI's Candidate Rating Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement and will be compared to your responses to the online assessment questionnaire. High self-assessment in the vacancy questions that is not supported by information in your resume, and/or supporting documents may eliminate you from Most Competitive status.
If you are deemed Most Competitive, you will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration.All applicants will be rated on the following Competencies
Specialized Experience (SE):
- Administrative/Organizational Policies and Procedures
- Customer Service
- Information Management
- Interpersonal Ability
GS 9: Applicant must possess at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS 8 grade level. SE is defined as follows:
- Reviewed correspondence to ensure conformance with format, grammar, and current policies and regulations
- Researched policies to provide advice on administrative procedures and requirements
- Gathered, organized, and maintained information on a variety of automated and/or manual systems
- Acted as a point-of-contact for internal and external personnel; assessing and addressing questions or conflicts and providing appropriate direction
Education MAY NOT be substituted for specialized experience.How to Apply
The following instructions outline our application process:
Step 1: Click the "Start" button to begin an application. You will be prompted to either Sign In to continue the application or to register with FBIJOBS if you don't already have an account.
Step 2: Follow the Step by Step process to submit an application. You will be guided through each step in the process. You are required to complete all sections of the application to successfully submit your application.Required Documents
To apply to this position, interested applicants must provide a complete application package by the closing date which includes:
- Your resume, specifically noting relevant work experience and associated start and end dates
- A complete assessment questionnaire
- Other supporting documents (if applicable):
How to Attach Documents
- Memorandum of Understanding (see "Additional Information")
To attach documentation as part of your application, please follow the instructions below.
Step 1: Follow the steps of the application process until you reach the Attachments step.
Step 2: Click "Add Attachment".
Step 3: Select the appropriate Attachment Type (or "Other" if one is not available).
Step 4: Populate the "Attachment Purpose" field. Click "Continue".
Step 5: Choose the device on which the attachment is located.
Step 6: Upload the desired attachment.
Step 7: To add additional attachments at this point in the application process click the "+" on the Attachments step.
To attach documentation to your Global Profile please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Login to your FBI Jobs account, and click "My Submissions".
Step 2: Click the "Add Attachment" located under the "Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
Step 3: Follow steps 3 - 6 above.You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on the closing date of this announcement. If applying online is a hardship, please contact the HR Specialist listed in the vacancy announcement prior to the closing date for assistance.What to Expect Next
Once your complete application is received we will conduct an evaluation of your qualifications and determine your ranking. The Most Competitive candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified of your status throughout the process.Additional Information
- Failure to provide necessary and relevant information required by this vacancy announcement may disqualify you from consideration. Additional information will not be requested if your application is incomplete. Your application will be evaluated solely on the basis of information you have submitted.
Limited Movement: Policy has been implemented wherein support employees entering a position through a competitive OR non-competitive action may be precluded from moving to another position within the Bureau by means of reassignment or change to lower grade for a minimum of 12 months.
- Probationary employees are generally precluded from being considered for all job opportunities until their 24-month probationary period has concluded. Probationary employees may be considered for competitive vacancies that are advertised within their respective division or field office after serving 90 days within the FBI.
- Candidates will not be considered if currently on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP); a Letter of Requirement (LOR); or have failed a PIP or LOR and are currently awaiting the final action by HRD.
a. A Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) is a 90-day written developmental plan for an employee whose performance on one or more critical elements is rated "Unacceptable."
b. A Letter of Requirement (LOR) is issued when a supervisor identifies leave abuse and/or when frequent absences negatively impact operations of an office.
- Relocation expenses will be borne by the selectee, except FBI employees returning from LEGAT assignment. Employees returning from LEGAT assignments must advise the Staffing Unit, Administrative Unit, and the international Operations Unit of their application to apply.
- Candidates receiving a transfer of physical location, whether at the expense of the FBI or not, will be required to complete a one year commitment to the assignment, prior to moving to a new position at the FBI. The 12-month waiting period begins the day an employee reports for duty at the new location.
- Employees selected for positions at the GS-14 level or higher, as well as employees selected for positions where a transfer of location is required, will be processed through the name check program prior to being notified of their selection.
- Memorandum of Understanding: Work performed outside assigned duties (that would not normally be documented on a SF-50, i. e., back-up duties), has to be documented in detail by an immediate supervisor in order to receive full credit for amount of time worked in that position. If no documentation is furnished no credit will be given for time worked in that position. The following notations must be specified in the documentation (Memorandum of Understanding):
a. Percent of time worked in the particular position (cannot conflict with main duties)
b. The month/year work began
c. Frequency worked (i.e., daily, monthly, etc.)
d. Specific duties performed
Attach the Memorandum of Understanding to your application in the "Cover Letters and Attachments" section of My Career Tools on the Careers Home page. Please upload the attachment as type "Other."Nepotism
Nepotism is the act of favoring relatives in the hiring process, and is prohibited by law. Public officials are prohibited from hiring or promoting relatives or relatives of officials in their chain of command, as well as actively or indirectly endorse a relative's appointment or promotion.
During the hiring process, all selected candidates and FBI hiring managers will be required to certify they are not related to anyone involved in the hiring process.Reasonable Accommodation Request
The FBI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please notify the Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Affairs (OEEOA) Reasonable Accommodation (RA) Program by either e-mail at REASONABLE_ACCOMMODATIONS@ic.fbi.gov , telephone at 202-324-2158, or FAX at 202-324-3976. Your request will receive an individualized assessment.
This e-mail address is only for reasonable accommodation requests. Please do not submit your application and/or any questions unrelated to reasonable accommodations. Should any applications be received, they will not be forwarded for consideration during the hiring process.Equal Employment Opportunity
The FBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for this vacancy. Except where otherwise provided by law, selection will be made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism, or any other non-merit.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.