Senior QA Automation Engineer at The Nielsen Company
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Senior QA Automation Engineer - 1542
Technology and Engineering - USA Chicago, Illinois
As a part of Nielsen Buy Organization our team is building tools and services to bring complex datasets from various sources into the Data Lake and ensure their availability, usability, and security in the Connected system. We value results over processes, open discussions over rigid structure and work-life balance over long work hours.
We’re looking for a highly technical and detail-oriented Automation Engineer to take a lead role developing test automation suites for a big data integration and delivery platform. You'll collaborate with multiple scrum teams as a testing automation expert, helping to automate our software delivery pipelines. Previous experience working on a DevOps minded team, automating repetitive tasks is highly desired.
- Develop and maintain an automation framework for our big data integration and delivery platform (100s of TBs)
- Architect automated solutions and generate automated tests for APIs, backend services, and other transactions
- Research, assess and facilitate the adoption of new tools and technologies
- Write and automate execution of repeatable tests for a global enterprise-grade platform
- Generate test execution reports for technical and business teams
- Estimate testing efforts in a dynamic environment as part of a cross-functional team
- Contribute to best practices for testing, release, and sprint planning activities
- Understand and Interpret functional and technical requirements into test scenarios, ensuring acceptance criteria and client commitments are validated
- Plan and execute ad-hoc manual testing of end to end product features and user stories
- Analyze test results and make appropriate revisions to continuously improve on code quality and application test coverage
- Contribute to best practices for testing, software release, and sprint planning activities
- Facilitating automated build/deployment/validation for multiple environments according to established policies and quality standards
- Converting manual functional and regression scripts to data-driven automated scripts
- Work within scrum team to investigate and troubleshoot application incidents and internal defects, and improving the test model to proactively prevent future incidents
- Use Agile methodologies with a globally dispersed team.
- Deliver tools training to technical staff and acts as an internal automation consultant to advise business and technical teams
- 4+ years of software engineering and QA experience
- Advanced knowledge of multiple testing tools and methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of Continuous integration process/tools
- Experience with database management systems
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development principles
- 6+ years of IT experience
Nice To Have
- Experience working with restful services
- Experience working with micro services
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with Linux
- Experience working with big data frameworks (Spark, HDFS, Kafka)
- Bachelor of science degree in computer science or similar
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois