Human Resources Generalist at XPO Logistics Supply Chain LLC
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset. As the Human Resources Generalist, you will play a key role in ensuring we retain and support our employees. You will be responsible for the full scope of human resources activities including staffing, training and development, compensation and benefits administration, project management, employee relations, employment laws and regulations, health and safety, and maintaining a union free work environment.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Work closely with the operations team providing direction and guidance regarding policies, procedures, and state and federal regulatory compliance requirements; keep management and operations apprised of internal and external HR developments that may affect overall effectiveness
- Facilitate new hire orientation and ensure a positive onboarding experience
- Maintain associate personnel files, ensuring documents and manuals are kept current, accurate, confidential, and in compliance with company policies and government regulations
- Partner with leave administrator and management to effectively manage and track leave programs including short-term disability, worker’s compensation, and FMLA and personal leaves
- Implement and utilize HR metrics to measure performance; assist with performance management, including delivery of disciplinary action for hourly employees; process terminations through coordination with corporate HR and Legal
- Travel 25% - Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Corpus Christi and Houston
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in HRIS and time and attendance systems, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines
- Knowledge of Federal and state employment and benefit laws
It’d be great if you also have:
- 5 years of HR experience
- PHR Certification
- Bilingual Spanish and English
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.