Application Lab Technician at Dentsply Sirona
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maumee, Ohio
At Ransom & Randolph (R&R), Investing with Innovation™ is more than just a slogan, it’s a way of life.
Dedicated to advancing the investment casting industry, we take pride in providing foundries with extensive process knowledge, exceptional technical expertise and innovative product technology. By coupling our revolutionary product developments with our experienced staff, manufacturing and warehousing facilities, we successfully help our customers become casting industry leaders.
R & R is seeking a full-time Applications Lab Technician.
No relocation is available for this position.
This position is accountable for quality and lab activities required to promote ongoing support of the Ransom & Randolph product line for the ceramic shell, jewelry, and solid mold products in the investment casting industry.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Application Manager, the incumbent provides technical assistance, which includes testing and analysis, problem solving, and process optimization.
Conduct daily testing on incoming customer samples according to documented procedures and respond to customers with appropriate recommendations.
Conduct customer and internal projects involving all aspects of the jewelry, solid mold and ceramic shell process to include; sample preparation, material testing and control, dewax, burnout and casting of samples.
Complete projects as directed. Projects may cover the following areas: ceramic shell, jewelry and solid mold product enhancements, customer specific projects and raw material analysis.
Perform quality control testing for the department.
Perform material property and other testing as required as part of ongoing projects and/or customer support work.
Perform general laboratory care and maintenance.
Report data on lab projects to Applications Manager or appropriate R&R contact.
Maintain and repair all equipment housed in the facility. Fabricates items as requested.
Maintain, repair and improve the facility and outside grounds as directed.
Package materials for shipment. Receive incoming shipments, properly distributing them, and handle all associated paperwork.
Maintain chemicals and maintenance supplies as needed.
Provide backup to Manufacturing and Quality Control lab as required to cover vacations, overtime and other occasions as warranted. May include 2nd shift or weekends.
Discussions are held with the Applications Manager to ensure work is being done in a timely manner while following proper procedures. Data is documented in project lab books or appropriate format for future reference and to ensure objectives are being achieved.
The incumbent has the authority to recommend for order all raw materials for pilot foundry projects. External contacts are minimal but in some cases are maintained with vendors and outside sales personnel for information on materials and equipment. Some contact may be required with customers in product demonstrations and technical assistance. Customer interactions that pertain to technical assistance or product demonstration will be documented.
The position in rare instances may involve travel to local customers to work on sample preparation or projects sample processing. While at a customer’s facility the Incumbent will respect the customer’s safety policies and conduct themselves in a professional manner in accordance with the R&R Code of Ethics.
The most challenging aspects of the position are attempting to obtain favorable timely results with projects and in fulfilling technical requests to their satisfaction.
This position requires knowledge of raw materials and chemicals and the properties of each including proper safety precautions and hazard label identification; experience with testing procedures and proper use and care of lab testing equipment, basic computer literacy, and basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry and heating in maintenance and repair functions. Incumbent will utilize proper protective safety equipment when necessary and be responsible to identify environments and situations that require protective equipment. Required skills are detail oriented the ability to listen actively and interpret directions and needs, and flexibility in dealing with the workload.
The Standards of Excellence in Customer Care has created a challenging opportunity for Ransom & Randolph and all its employees to strengthen relationships with our customers by continually improving the services we provide. To meet this challenge, all R&R associates are charged with and evaluated on their respective responsibility of partnering with customers to meet their needs; showing support and appreciation of customer needs; responding to the needs of customers; showing priority in meeting customer needs, and working to meet the customers’ technical needs.
Position requires up to 0-10% travel. Position requires a valid United States driver’s license.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal relationship skills, detail oriented abilities are necessary in this position.
Familiarity with general laboratory procedures, processes, and equipment.
- General supervision within broad guidelines.
TECHNICAL, FUNCTIONAL and COMPANY KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS
- Individual must possess good customer service skills and interact well with other associates.
- Individual must work well under pressure and be able to multi task.
- Individual must be able to interact well with all levels of Dentsply Sirona/R & R management.
- Individual must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Individual must be able to deal effectively with a wide variety of users and issues.
- Individual must possess a good working knowledge of all current Microsoft operating systems.
- Individual must possess a good working knowledge of all current Microsoft Office products and business related applications
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A 2-4 year technical degree with a background in ceramic engineering, materials science engineering, metallurgy, or chemistry and relevant experience.
- Individual must possess strong written and oral skills.
- Individual must possess the ability to read, write, and interpret documentation related to safety, maintenance, operation, and procedural manuals related to their job duties.
- Individual must possess the necessary skills to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Individual must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical individuals.
Ability to complete basic math functions, including adding subtracting, dividing, and multiplying.
Ability to read tape measure
- Individual must have strong reasoning, and troubleshooting skills across all areas.
- Individual must possess the ability to apply common sense reasoning to carry out instructions furnished in writing, orally, or diagramed form.
- Individual must possess the ability to make decisions based on DENTSPLY SIRONA Standards and Policies.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must possess to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions for this position.
- Individual’s daily routine will include duties conducted within a manufacturing or lab environment, which may have some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, and atmospheric conditions. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, including a respirator, must be worn in designated areas.
- Individual will be required to travel with exposure to various climates, which may have some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, and atmospheric conditions.
- Individual must possess the ability to perform light physical activity, which includes standing, walking, sitting, manual dexterity, repetitive hand, and finger motion.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements;
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate, and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl;
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 55 pounds.
Ransom & Randolph and Dentsply Sirona are Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status. We appreciate your interest in Ransom & Randolph, a division of Dentsply Sirona.
If you need assistance with completing the online application due to a disability, please send an accommodation request to email@example.com. Please be sure to include “Accommodation Request” in the subject.