Pharmacy Technician at BioScrip
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Ashland, VirginiaJob Description:
BioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation's leading specialty home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With approximately 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) Retirement Savings.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are seeking a Pharmacy Technician - Clinical Process to join our team.
Responsible for overall coordination and processing of patient medication orders, to include order intake within regulatory boundaries, patient services coordination, and Pharmacy Technician duties as defined by policy and regulation and while under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach outward, and handle/finger.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder, climb, crawl, squat, kneel and bend.
- The employee may be required to occasionally push/pull or life/carry up to 15lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment or in a cleanroom.
- Chemotherapy is compounded on site; compliance with all safety procedures required.
- May occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- High School Diploma;
- Meets all state requirements, which may be registration, licensure or certification
- Minimum of two (2) or more years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of local, state, federal, and other regulations; knowledge of regulations and legal requirements governing the industry.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to work without constant supervision, cognizant of the Pharmacist's supervisory role.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively within branch departments.
- Ability to maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to manage resources to improve patient care.
- Knowledge of state, federal and commercial infusion pharmacy reimbursement.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret pharmacy and clinical information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from referral sources, managers, patients, employees, payors and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pharmaceutical calculations, discounts, percentages, and volume. Ability to read and interpret compounding, inventory, and delivery documents.
Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of abstract variables.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.