Quote Analyst II at Jabil Circuit
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Do you want to join one of the World's Most Admired Companies? Are you looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization, who's company culture is centered on empowering its employees to make decisions? As one of the world's largest electronic manufacturing companies, Jabil is focused on hiring the best people.
- Estimate and plan all jobs for Sheet Metal, Machining, and Assembly Departments
- Provide accurate pricing for labor, material, components, and outside processes based on customer drawings, specifications, and standards
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in sheet metal; machining, electro-mechanical assembly; estimating
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and manufacturing specifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and related applications
- Ability to create BOMs and manufacturing sequences
- Must be able to obtain prices for material, hardware, plating, etc. from outside suppliers
- Projects are typically of diverse scope focusing primarily on tactical activity.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Communicate customer expectations by means of the Quote Kickoff meeting.
- Provide job direction to the Quote Coordinators in support of your function
- Monitor the deadline for the quote response.
- Analyze and if required, adjust pricing information received from various supporting departments.
- Finalize proposals prepared by the Quote Coordinator in response to a quote request by Business Development/Program Management.
- Analyze the total assembly and transformation cost.
- Review customers requested terms and conditions and prepare a appropriate response.
- Interface with Business Development/Program Management and the Quote Supervisor/Quote Manager in order to present a winning quote response strategy.
- Provides leadership and training to lower level analysts
Jabil offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and a supportive environment that provides learning and career development opportunities. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.