Electrical/Instrumentation Supervisor at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Clatskanie, Oregon
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Division is currently searching for an E/I Supervisor at the Wauna facility in Clatskanie, OR. This position is a working supervisor role, responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining electrical systems, as well as supervising/managing electrical and instrumentation technicians. A successful candidate will have both electrical and supervisory experience in an industrial setting.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Troubleshooting and maintaining electrical systems in a manufacturing environment
- Ensuring electrical systems are operating reliably, efficiently, and in compliance with all electrical safety regulations
- Leading the development of the electrical work crew in craft skills as necessary
- Monitoring quality of electrical work through procedures, training and discipline to reduce re-work issues
- Promoting safety through proactive involvement in safety training, adherence to the safety program and implementation of Electrical Safe Work Practices
- Working closely and coordinating with production, environmental, and other maintenance personnel to ensure manpower is utilized and necessary tasks for equipment productivity and reliability are accomplished through the maintenance work process
- Identifying and implementing electrical improvements that result in year-over-year improvements in safety, production, maintenance, and costs
- Promoting electronic documentation of records and troubleshooting techniques by the electrical crew to facilitate knowledge sharing among the crew
- Providing electrical expertise to implement changes by developing scope, estimating costs, designing, constructing, purchasing, and installing new, or modifying existing equipment and systems that support the improvement of safety, efficiency, reliability, waste reduction and increased machine utilization
- Ensuring all activities are aligned to with Georgia-Pacific’s Market Based Management (MBM®) philosophy and Guiding Principles
- Working with plant based personnel providing supervision, technical assistance and training to plant electrical technicians
- Managing electrical projects from conception and design to commissioning
- Executing plans to address cost reduction, equipment installation, optimizing utilities and energy consumption and other items to keep the plant running smoothly and generate measurable benefits to the plant operation
- Researching new operational methods, techniques and equipment and recommending their application
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Supervisory/management experience with responsibility for direct reports
- Electrical experience in an industrial electrical maintenance setting
- Experience with 3-phase motor controls, 480V AC systems, and low voltage DC systems
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with PLC systems and Variable Frequency Drives (i.e. VFD’s)
- Willing and able to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in a noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting industrial electrical distribution systems
- Experience analyzing and repairing components using conventional and digital multimeters, voltmeters, ohmmeters, and hand tools
- Experience with Flowmeters, control valves, BMS (Burner Management Systems)
- Experience with Pressure, Flow, Temperature and Differential Pressure Transmitters
- Experience referencing and using electrical safety standards – NEC and NFPA 70-E
What Will Put You Ahead?
Four (4) or more years of electrical project management experience
- Associate’s Degree or higher in Electrical or Controls Engineering
- Experience with of AutoCAD and MS Project
- Experience with industrial electrical systems design, process controls design and implementation
- Knowledge of electrical construction techniques
- Experience with motion control and fieldbus networks
- Experience with Automation to include Industrial Networks, Motor Control Components, Event Sequencing, PLC applications and equipment selection
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf