Financial Operations Specialist - Accounts Payable at Mars Incorporated
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: BUDD LAKE, New Jersey
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Financial Operations Specialist - Accounts Payable
The purpose of this position is to facilitate the accounts payable process that utilizes a 3rd party outsourced provider to process transaction for all units in the United States that are supported by Mars Financials Services. In addition, this position will be responsible for reconciling, analyzing, researching and resolving un-invoiced receipts for all units supported by Mars Financial Services Accounts Payable. As issues are identified, recommendations should be proposed to prevent reoccurrence.
- Monitor functions, identify and resolve issues and coordinate with other teams as well as the 3rd party outsourced provider information that is needed to complete the necessary transactions.
- Ensure compliance to the Accounts Payable Golden Process and implementation of any future modifications.
- Perform the accounts payable aging analysis.
- Custodian of all disbursements (e.g., EFT, wire, check) for all units in the United States that are supported by Mars Financial Services.
- Reconcile, analyze, research and resolve un-invoiced receipts. Recommend improvements to prevent reoccurrences.
- Investigate individual aged un-invoiced receipts over 120 days. For open GR that can’t be resolved, develop list of recommended write-offs and send for approval.
- Work with system support teams to understand available reporting tools and reports to research un-invoiced receipts. Identify areas of improvement in reporting tools and work to enhance tools wherever feasible.
- Insure processes are clear and agreed by key stakeholders including S&F, Commercial, plant personnel, and Accounts Payable.
- Monitor open goods receipt report for unusually large current open GRs that look as if they are errors. Investigate these unusual transactions and have timely corrective action taken.
- Ensure an adequate internal control environment is maintained. Highlight deviations from the internal control framework and make recommendations to S&F management.
- Create and maintain clear and detailed documentation of procedures for obtaining reports, reconciliation to the general ledger, researching and clearing of aged receivers.
Two years of college required (Associates Degree) with some courses in accounting that provide a good understanding of accounting principals. Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
Minimum 1 year of prior accounts payable or general accounting experience.
Principles of Accounting
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.