Case Manager - BH Field Based at Magellan HRSC, Inc.
Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Austin, Texas
This field based position provides community based support to members with behavioral health conditions. Members are identified and assessed as requiring interventions and oversight including multiple clinical, social and community resources. This role promotes the appropriate use of clinical and financial resources in order to improve the quality of care and member satisfaction. Establishes a relationship with members in the facility and community settings. Includes face to face interventions with members in facility, home, and community settings.
- Conducts in depth health risk assessment and/or comprehensive needs assessment which includes, but is not limited to psycho-social, physical, medical, behavioral, environmental, and financial parameters.
- Communicates and develops the treatment plan, and serves as a point of contact to ensure services are rendered appropriately, (i.e. during transition to home care, back up plans, community based services).
- Implements, coordinates, and monitors strategies for members and families to improve health and quality of life outcomes. Develops, documents and implements plan which provides appropriate resources to address social, physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and supportive needs. Acts as an advocate for a member's care needs by identifying and addressing gaps in care. Performs ongoing monitoring of the plan of care to evaluate effectiveness. Measures the effectiveness of interventions as identified in the members care plan.
- Assesses and reviews plan of care regularly to identify gaps in care, trends to improve health and quality of life outcomes; works with members to adjust plan of care, when necessary.
- Educates providers, supporting staff, members and families regarding care coordination role and health strategies with a focus on member-focused approach to care. Facilitates a team approach to the coordination and cost effective delivery to quality care and services.
- Facilitates a team approach to ensure appropriate interventions, cost effective delivery of quality care and services across the continuum.
- Provides assistance to members with questions and concerns regarding care, providers or delivery system.
- Maintains professional relationship with external stakeholders, such as inpatient, outpatient and community resources.
- Complies with URAC and NCQA standards for Case Management services.
- Assists with orientation and mentoring of new team members as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleCase Manager - BH Field Based
Job FamilyCare Management
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/7/2017
Date Requisition Created12/7/2017
EducationMasters: Behavioral Health (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredCurrent licensure required for this position that meets State, Commonwealth or customer-specific requirements. - Care Mgmt, LCADC - Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor - Care Mgmt, LCMFT - Licensed Clinical Marriage and Family Therapist - Care Mgmt, LCPC - Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, LCSW-C - Licensed Certified Social Worker - Clinical - Care Mgmt, LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMSW - Licensed Master Social Worker - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesAbility to meet Magellan credentialing requirements for independent professional practice (Masters level licensed behavioral health professional).
Masters degree in Mental Health required; education can be in one or more of the following areas: Social Work, Psychology or Counseling.
Minimum 5 years post masters clinical behavioral health/psychiatric nursing experience required.
Effective application of best clinical practices.
Solid understanding of behavioral health diagnoses.
Must have proficient computer skills, including ability to converse and type at a conversational pace.
Strong organization, time management and verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge of utilization management procedures, mental health and substance abuse community resources and providers.
Knowledge and experience in working with case management and in facilities, with local care coordinators or with special populations.
Knowledge of DSM V or most current diagnostic edition.
Ability to analyze specific utilization problems, plan and implement solutions that directly influence quality of care.
Comfortable with diverse populations, including diverse cultures, individuals with mental health/SUD issues, and individuals who are homeless.
Must have an automobile in good working condition.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled