Part Time Wine & Spirits Merchandiser, Gilroy/Watsonville at E&J Gallo Winery
Posted in Retail 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hayward, California
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
The Gallo Sales Company, based in Hayward, is the Northern California distributor of E & J Gallo Winery brands. Recently recognized by Glassdoor as one of the “Top 50 Best Places to Work”, we couldn’t be prouder of our employees. As a family-owned wine and spirits company with over 90 brands, the heart of our success story is our people. Our passions run deep and what unites us is an incredible culture of teamwork, innovation, and collaboration. Are you a passionate team player who is looking to grow your career? If so, apply today! Cheers!
Your Talent & Gallo — A Perfect Pairing.
Think you need to be a wine expert to work for Gallo? You don’t. As a Wine Merchandiser, we give you open access to award-winning training. So if you’re looking to break into the wine & spirits industry, this opportunity offers great exposure, ensuring you’ll have a successful career. You’ll have the chance to meet and interact with people from all walks of life, working to build lasting relationships. Discounts on wine, full-time benefits, and weekends and nights off, are also a huge plus.
What You’ll Do:
- Call on accounts like Liquor Stores and Sprouts
- Be a detective, identifying opportunities and locations to cross-merchandise in accounts, outside of the liquor department for incremental sales
- Partner with the Sales Representative to merchandise Gallo products to stimulate impulse purchases using eye-catching display pieces (wine barrels, etc.) across the store
- Maintain shelves and cold boxes up to standards
- Ensure inventory levels are sustained, by staying in constant contact with Retailers and Sales Representatives on status of Gallo products
- Maintain positive brand image throughout each account ensuring cleanliness and proper facing of products
- Assist with special projects such as store resets, remodels, etc.
What we are looking for:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Required to be at least 18 years of age.
- Required to successfully pass physical demands testing.
- Valid driver’s license and successful completion of background check. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- No more than 2 moving violations within the past 3 years and no DUI/DWI convictions within the past 5 years.
- Required to lift and move 45-57 pound cases of product.
- Good communication skills.
- Experienced in reading and comprehending simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Experienced in writing simple correspondence and procedures.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
What will set you apart:
- Skilled merchandising techniques
- Experience working in a retail sales environment or alcoholic beverage industry
- Good communication, problem solving, and time management skills
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 46343
Job Id - USS001
Marketing, wine representative, sales, commission, operations, remote work, merchandiser, merchandising, retail sales, retail, promotions, display, wine, spirits
Equal Opportunity Employer