at University of Southern California
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Los Angeles, California
The USC International Academy is seeking an enthusiastic, high-energy, and detail oriented Office Manager to join its team. The successful candidate for this position will have strong administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills, and a high desire to succeed in a diverse and dynamic organization. The Office Manager will establish and organize office standards and procedures, recruit, hire and train student workers, and maintain building and front desk efficiency.
- Works effectively in teams.
- Is self-directed and takes initiative.
- Is highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Can adapt to change, be a flexible thinker, and terrific problem solver.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a professional demeanor.
- Has outstanding follow-through.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with close attention to detail.
- Establishes and organizes office standards and procedures. Assists in developing and coordinating implementation of department policies and procedures, and maintains any revisions. Communicates or documents changes in a timely manner. Develops forms, flowcharts and systems requirements for information and training, as required.
- Recruits, screens, hires, trains and directly supervises all assigned subordinate employees. Counsels, disciplines and/or terminates employees as required. Reassesses or redefines priorities as appropriate in order to achieve performance objectives.
- Establishes and maintains systems for administration of records for the assigned area, including electronic files and databases. Designs filing systems and ensures filing systems are maintained and up to date. Maintains Davidson Conference Center and its classrooms, communicate any needs and changes to management.
- Maintains office efficiency. Plans and implements office systems, layout and equipment procurement. Maintains and replenishes inventory. Checks stock to determine inventory levels. Anticipates needed supplies. Oversees the maintenance office equipment. Oversees the ordering of equipment and supplies.
- Reviews, prioritizes and responds to correspondence and incoming calls directed to supervisor. Researches requested information or takes necessary steps to address issues and resolve problems. Reports actions taken to supervisor.
- Reviews, analyzes and makes recommendations to supervisor regarding requests submitted by departmental staff, e.g., expenditure or personnel requests.
- Acts as liaison between supervisor and subordinates for communicating information, assignments, priorities and special requests. Monitors status of pending items and follows-up, as needed.
- Coordinates department public relations functions, as assigned, which may include special events, conferences, meetings, etc. Negotiates with vendors for sites, facilities, guest accommodations and meals.
- Develops and implements security related procedures such as office opening and closing routines, recognition of duress signals and key controls. Coordinates security activities with Department of Public Safety. Promotes and maintains standards for security conscious awareness and behavior. Maintains knowledge of University's crime prevention and suppression programs and services. Ensures dissemination of security related information to staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of office management experience with knowledge of university policies and procedures
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university a great place to work.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education:Bachelor's degree
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Office management combined with experience in budget administration.
REQ20053884 Posted Date: 12/05/2017 - Thru date - 12/11/2017
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.