Registered Nurse - Employee Health Services - Full Time - 8 Hour Days at University of Southern California
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Glendale, California
The Employee Health Clinical RN specializes in occupational health, preventing illness and injury and promoting wellness for workers and volunteers. The RN is the primary clinical care provider and is under the supervision of the Employee Health Manager.
- Provides superior patient/customer satisfaction, ensuring the highest quality care and service for both USC/University Hospital and USC/Norris Cancer Hospital employees and volunteers.
- Provides clinical support to the department by performing new hire, new volunteer, and annual health assessments, injury treatment, and assists with the immunization program.
- Provides clinical and administrative support to the Bloodborne Pathogen, Ergonomic, Wellness and Safe Handling Programs.
- Assists with case management of Workers Compensation claims when necessary.
- The professional RN demonstrates respectful teamwork and delegation.
- Manages the Employee Health Department in the absence of the Employee Health Manager
Takes on special project assignments and other assigned duties as deemed necessary for the benefit of the department and organization.
Eligibility, as defined the California Board of Nursing, to sit for the Registered Nurse licensing examination. BSN preferred
One-year experience in Employee Health, Occupational Health, Emergency Department or Urgent care setting immediately prior to application strongly preferred.
Excellent communication, interpersonal and public relations skills. Capable of communicating with all levels of employee-administrative to staff.
Must be able to solve problems and make decisions employing a broad understanding of individual and group behavior including employee relationship and interaction in the workplace.
Must have ability to make independent medical judgments and have general knowledge of occupational health principles and practices.
Highly organized and detail-minded
Computer skills required
Proficient analytical thinking and creative skills
Current California RN License and BLS for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association. Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
As part of Keck Medicine of USC, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experience nurses and a dedicated staff
the community has come to know and trust, USC-VHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials.
REQ20053632 Posted Date: 12/05/2017