Production Specialist at Graham Packaging Company, L.P.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
At Graham Packaging, our people drive packaging innovation for some of the most influential consumer brands in the world. To work with big brands, you need to be on the cutting edge, constantly reinventing the future and always willing to change.
Since our beginnings, this dynamic environment has forged a culture where you don't need to wonder where your next opportunity will come from -- the opportunities are all around you. All you have to do is take them.
With a global footprint of 100+ facilities across 16 countries and a committed team 7,000 strong, Graham Packaging offers you the ability to learn, the ability to grow and the ability to make your mark in a company that rewards doers, innovators and collaborators.
Join Graham Packaging today!
Graham Packaging Company is looking for a(n) Production Specialist based in Atlanta, GA. This opening is for day and night shift, which operates during the hours of 7:00 am - 7:00 pm and 7:00 pm - 7:00 am respectively.
Production Specialists are responsible for general housekeeping of the production area, packing, case making, inspecting, other general factory tasks in accordance with established procedures, specifications and other guidelines. The primary duties of a Production Specialist include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
- Visually inspect finished product for defects and ensure that cases are properly sealed.
- Pack bottles in accordance to the customer specification.
- Clear trimmer jams and restart, shut off/on trimmer in a safe manner.
- Notify supervisor or lead of potential problems with finished product and/or machinery.
- De-label and grind bottles as necessary, checking for contamination before grinding.
- Strapping, tying, stacking, and orienting cases and units properly in correct unit load pattern to satisfy customer request.
- Use case making equipment in a safe manner.
- Maintain hot/cold glue tanks by keeping full.
- Perform fiber tear checks to ensure proper glue application and pattern.
- Notify the appropriate coworker, forklift driver, or assignee when supplies at the machine need to be replenished.
- Communicate with incoming shift or line replacement on any problems with quality, machine, and packing configurations.
- Assist with rework and heldware to ensure effective completion.
- Restart, start, stop, and clears all downstream equipment as required.
- Assist in the training of permanent and temporary workforce in stacking, packing quality, and case machines.
- Keep work area and other facilities clean, orderly and safe.
- Complete written documentation as required.
- May perform basic stretch wrapper functions.
- Limited travel may be required
High school diploma or equivalent required. Previous manufacturing experience a plus.
Production Specialists are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.