Executive Assistant (Maplewood, MN) at 3M
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking an Executive Assistant for the Home Care Division in the Consumer Business Group located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Executive Assistant will be responsible for supporting the sales and manufacturing directors and their teams for the Home Care Division in the Consumer Business Group. This person will apply highly administrative and coordination skills to complete activities and will act independently on standard procedures and handle non-routine situations through interpretation of office guidelines and administrative practices. Will propose and implement solutions to administrative concerns and provide regular guidance and instruction on work procedures and policy to support personnel. Will seek supervision as needed for direction and approvals.
For additional business group information, please visit: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/consumer-us/
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Schedules appointments and finding meeting rooms for the two Directors and other team members, briefing on items for consideration
- Coordinates logistics and details for on and off site meetings, presentations, and conferences, includes travel as needed, developing agendas, taking meeting notes, and processing summary of proceedings
- Independently composes correspondence of varying complexity requiring detailed knowledge of departmental business, specialized vocabulary, and/or technical terminology. Distributes correspondence and materials as needed for meetings and presentations
- Travel management for the Directors and department personnel including processing required travel visas and logistics
- Screen incoming correspondence and use judgment to route new information or to alert principal to necessary immediate action
- Performs administrative details such as database management, tracking and monitoring budgets and resolving any discrepancies, monitoring disbursements, preparing periodic reports
- Identify issues, establish priorities, and respond to support needs
- Acts independently to administer and communicate corporate policies and procedures, handling uncommon situations through interpretations of office guidelines and administrative practices
- Independently responds to internal and external inquiries and requests
- Serves as resource person, providing interpretation and individual application for standard departmental/divisional policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices, influencing adherence to and enforcement of policies
- Suggests and implements improvements to office and department procedures, methods, and quality goals
- Responsible for quality of work by reviewing items for conformance to policies and procedures
- Use of 3M systems including MS Office programs, purchase requisitions in PeopleSoft, Cybershift, P-card, Concur, Workday, and the meet comp database.
- Division mobile request administrator.
- Shipping product samples both US and OUS.
- Coordinate offices moves.
- Help to onboard new employees.
- Back up to office supervisor who supports division VP.
- High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in an administrative assistant function, secretarial and/or clerical role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
- Certified Professional Secretary (CPS)
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience using Microsoft Office software to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Minimum of ten (10) years of Administrative Assistant experience
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to complete assignments under pressure and short timelines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must demonstrate initiative and ability to anticipate and problem solve independently
- Ability to work flexible work hours depending on current priorities
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 5%
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
See job description.