Internship - Statistical Intern (Maplewood, MN) at 3M
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Statistics Intern for the Personal Safety group located in Maplewood, Minnesota in summer 2018. Here, you go!
At 3M, inspiration happens daily. Here, science is how the magic happens. Except it’s not magic. It’s the right science applied the right way by the people of 3M. We are a leading global company, employing the best and brightest minds in the world to solve the toughest problems for our customers.
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work a full-time schedule throughout a 10-12 week assignment. This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year. 3M provides eligible interns with temporary housing and round-trip travel reimbursement in accordance with current policy.
The Statistical Intern’s role would be to would work with the Division Statistician and Quality Managers to provided Statistical Analysis including planning and implementation. Working with an appropriate functional area lead, this person would work to fulfill statistical and data analysis needs.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with process, product development, and quality engineering to perform modeling (ANOVA, Regression, and possible Categorical data analysis) and preliminary process capability studies (SPC).
- Assist in setting up and analyzing measurement systems analysis (Gauge R&R and Inter-laboratory studies) for variety of product and raw material characteristics. Intern will help develop SPC or other quality control methods to help maintain the process on target.
- Working with 3M IT Systems, help implement IT tools that will facilitate ongoing quality control using statistical techniques.
- Work with the statistical package Minitab and possibly other software to analysis data.
- Summarize and report on inference and conclusions drawn from their analysis.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Statistics from an accredited university
- Currently pursuing a Master’s or PhD in Statistics from an accredited university
- Previous experience in manufacturing in regulated or industrial businesses.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Experience with MS Office
- Expert with statistical software packages such as Minitab or similar software.
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 15% domestic
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
See job description.