Enterprise IT Architect at First Data Corporation
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data’s Product Development, Client Solutions and Technology functions are responsible for innovation and advancement of our technology solutions across all of our client segments, and make a critical contribution to ensuring that First Data retains its position as a leading technology innovator. Our Product Development teams are responsible for end-to-end ownership of the product life cycle. Our Client Solutions teams deliver global solutions and expertise that make commerce possible. Our Technology teams develop a wide range of applications and solutions that enable next-generation commerce and create the infrastructure of the global commerce ecosystem. They also ensure that our data remains secure through their work in cyber-security
Position Description Overview
First Data is seeking a talented and experienced IT professional with a broad understanding of IT infrastructure technologies and application operations support to collaborate with internal technical and business colleagues to address system performance issues and proactively monitor and forecast application infrastructure performance. The role also includes designing new IT infrastructure solutions and facilitation of the implementation to support First Data’s products and services. Experience with designing and implementing highly available (HA) solutions for new and existing environments is needed to support our applications and our customers. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys collaborating with business partners, technology colleagues, and management to find creative and robust solutions to fulfill business solutions related infrastructure requirements. We are pursuing a highly professional and organized self-starter capable of driving quality and timely results for a wide spectrum of IT infrastructure needs for small to enterprise scale projects.
- Consults with senior IT management on the design of moderately complex systems and projects.
- May consult with leadership on emerging technologies.
- Supports existing business systems applications.
- Performs additional job duties as required.
- You will monitor system performance, respond to issues and ensure systems are designed and functioning in an optimal manner.
- You will perform analysis of existing or proposed complex systems and applications to recommend solutions for performance related objectives or to overcome issues encountered.
- You will oversee horizontal (transaction) as well as vertical (CPU, Memory) data analysis in support of a full life cycle performance management role.
- You will collect requirements and collaborate with internal and external resources in virtually any role and rank to develop and document IT infrastructure solutions for new or existing environments ensuring adherence to established technology standards.
- You will work with fulfilment and operations teams to facilitate and oversee implementation of solutions ensuring timeliness, quality, supportability, resiliency, and cost effectiveness.
- You will also be responsible for supporting, advising and assisting internal partners with obtaining services from the IT infrastructure operations organization.
- The scope of the role may encompass systems architecture, capacity forecasting, performance, security, and stability.
Scope of Job
Works on complex systems and project issues with senior IT management. Demonstrates strong leadership with senior management. Coaches and leads other IT managers and business managers.
The scope of the role may encompass systems architecture, capacity forecasting, performance, security, and stability.
Works with senior management to define and develop technology strategy. Independently works with functional and business units to execute strategy.
- 8+ yrs. of related IT experience. Bachelor’s Degree at College of Engineering and Technology or equivalent work experience.
- Expert with multiple languages and tools.
- Expert in emerging technologies.
- Possesses broad based and in-depth knowledge of complex technologies, tools, methodologies, the enterprise and industry.
- Strong understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and applies knowledge to support the needs of critical systems and projects.
- Very strong performance oriented troubleshooting skills covering a wide breadth of industry standard hardware and software combinations
- Excellent command of data collection methodologies and toolsets to support proactive and reactive system performance management
- Ability to map, trend and forecast system capacity requirements to application business drives.
- Strong working knowledge of distributed computing infrastructure, middleware, and databases used in the standard enterprise
- Ability to create component level designs and technical documentation to support assigned projects and internal processes
- Experience and high level of comfort with requirements gathering, business case creation and presentation to all levels of management
- Knowledge of current application development products, processes, industry trends and the development lifecycle
- Superior creative and problem solving skills with a record of implementing robust IT solutions
- Strong self-motivation, situational leadership skills
- Ability to work with cross functional & multi-site/offshore teams effectively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic fast pace environment
- Knowledge of cloud computing and web based product development and test
- Thorough knowledge of standard business software products
- IT Trends
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Problem Solving
- IT Ind Trends & Directions
- IT Architecture
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.