Program Director at First Data Corporation
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data’s Product Development, Client Solutions and Technology functions are responsible for innovation and advancement of our technology solutions across all of our client segments, and make a critical contribution to ensuring that First Data retains its position as a leading technology innovator. Our Product Development teams are responsible for end-to-end ownership of the product life cycle. Our Client Solutions teams deliver global solutions and expertise that make commerce possible. Our Technology teams develop a wide range of applications and solutions that enable next-generation commerce and create the infrastructure of the global commerce ecosystem. They also ensure that our data remains secure through their work in cyber-security
- The Program Director is responsible for the coordinated management of multiple related projects, and in many cases, ongoing operations which are directed toward a common objective.
- Accountable for delivering programs on time, within budget, and within scope.
- This individual will lead and coordinate cross-functional, cross-departmental, cross-company teams that are responsible for all aspects of a project, from initiation to closure.
- The Program Director exemplifies the highest level of initiative and leadership skills and acts as a mentor for more junior members of the department.
1. Insures project methodologies, project delivery processes, and implementation management processes are followed. This includes managing and driving:• Project/Program Schedule
• Risk and Issue Management
• Scope Change Management
2. Manages the program budget. This includes understanding and validating estimates, cost variance tracking, and managing project resources effectively.
3. Provides clear and concise project communication; both written and verbal.
4. Facilitates/manages project communications and stakeholder, client and project team expectations.
Scope of Job
Decisions have major impact on the end result of the business unit. Frequent contact with internal and external customers. Works with constituent Project Managers (who are responsible to the Program Director for the execution of their project and its impact on the program) to monitor cost, schedule, and technical performance of component projects and operations, while working to ensure the ultimate success of the program. Generally responsible for determining and coordinating the sharing of resources among their constituent projects to the overall benefit of the program. Usually responsible for stakeholder management particularly stakeholders external to the organization.
Performs duties under minimal supervision, escalating most serious issues to senior management. Interprets and allocates resources to support strategic goals. Makes complex decisions and recommendations under limited direction and using high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Bachelors degree, 8-10 years experience, or equivalent. Plus 10-15 years progressive management experience, including large-scale program and project management and personnel management. PgMP and/or PMP preferred. Skills/Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Project and or Microsoft Project Server
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven success in delivering projects within budget and specified timeframes, while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Proven problem solving skills from problem assessment to solution selection
- Ability to identify alternatives and make contingency plans
- Capacity to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, changes in direction, and altering priorities
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments.
- Risk Management
- Organizatnl Savvy & Politics
- Working With MS Project
- Accuracy / Attention to Detail
- Project Management
- Manage a Matrix Environment
- Measurement of Effectiveness
- Meeting Management
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.