Senior Test Engineer at OCLC
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dublin, Ohio
You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
OCLC, a worldwide library services organization headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, is a leader in information technologies and innovative online services. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
We are seeking a Senior Test Engineer to work on an exciting project at OCLC to rapidly introduce new features and functions to the OCLC technology community. In this role, you will be embedded within the software development team.
The Senior Test Engineer coordinates project testing activities and monitors progress. Raises quality issues and sets quality goals. Analyzes requirements to produce gherkins, test plans, test conditions, test cases, and other documentation. Automates gherkin using cucumber. Ensures traceability between requirements and tests. Clarifies ambiguous requirements. Executes manual or automated tests, analyzes and records the results.
- Co-ordinate project testing activities and monitor progress
- Be the single point of contact for all testing communication regarding all product/component comprising the project
- Contribute to team success by raising quality issues and help set team goals around quality.
- Performs risk analysis for projects
- Analyze project requirements and, with the team, write gherkins to document requirements/acceptance criteria.
- Automate gherkins using cucumber via Ruby, Java or other language used by the team.
- When needed, generate Test Procedures and Test Cases to test the requirements.
- Ensure traceability between requirements and the test steps with the Test Procedures and Test Scripts.
- Execute Test Cases (including Smoke and Regression tests, record test results, analyses test failures including root cause analysis and raise issues where appropriate
- Produce Test Documentation including Test Strategies, Test Estimates, Test Plans and Test Exit Reports.This also includes Test Data and Test Environments
- Analyses the need for, and recommends appropriate non-functional testing.Performs or drives non-functional testing.
- Maintaining the smoke and regression test suites
- Mentors others in all aspects of testing, shares knowledge effectively
- Perform, peer reviews on Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts
- Produce progress reports as requested (monthly, weekly etc)
- Maintain and improve subject matter expertise including general software architecture knowledge. Propose/implement improvements that result in time savings/efficiency and reduce risk.
- Assist with evaluation of new tools and processes
- Bachelor’s degree (IT or Library related discipline) or 5-10 years equivalent work experience in lieu.
- Experienced in leading the testing of large complex projects.
- 2+ years’ experience writing gherkin and using cucumber/Ruby to automate.
- Good Team Player and Leader
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to delegate and monitor work
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Certified ISTQB (inc Agile) or equivalent
- Work experience with multi-geographic locations
- Working experience with a variety of development and test agile methodologies on a variety of operating systems and databases.
Desired but not required:
- Functional knowledge of OCLC’s products.
- Library knowledge
- Experience automating with Java, or other similar language.
- Membership in quality or IT organization
- Deliver presentation on quality topic to group / team
- Continued education in testing/QA