Entry Level Design Engineer at Koch-Glitsch, LP
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Apply your engineering knowledge and passion for innovation to its full potential. Koch-Glitsch, a global leader in mass transfer and mist elimination equipment, is seeking Design Engineers to provide diverse expertise in fluid dynamics and structural mechanics. The solutions provided by Koch-Glitsch are applied within refineries and chemical plants around the world.
Koch-Glitsch gives engineers the ability to enjoy a rare combination of challenging variety, ownership, firsthand interaction with customers and business leaders, and personal involvement in each stage of technology development. In a company culture that encourages knowledge-sharing and opportunities to contribute, you can progressively advance your career technically or into management.
Koch-Glitsch is an affiliate of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the largest privately held companies in America according to Forbes magazine. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ approximately 67,000 people. Since 2003, the businesses have invested more than $43 billion in acquisitions and capital expenditures.
Koch Industries’ global headquarters resides in Wichita, KS. Design & Project Engineering positions for Koch-Glitsch are located in Wichita and Dallas, TX. In recent years, Wichita has been named one of the top ten “Best Big Cities” by Money magazine, and “The Best Place to Live the Good Life Affordably” by Forbes magazine.
Koch-Glitsch advantages include:
• A wide variety of engineering needs within a growing company
• 3D engineering solution development
• An unwavering commitment to safety and compliance
• The support of an experienced team and knowledge-sharing culture
• Encouragement to challenge the status quo
• A willingness to invest in value-added solutions
• A focus on contributions rather than seniority to help reward success
• Opportunities for advancement within technical engineering and project management
- Develop detailed engineering solutions to accommodate system requirements on the basis of mass transfer efficiency and hydraulic operating capacity
- Define the structural design requirements for effective installation and support of the mass transfer equipment at the system operating conditions
- Develop internal specifications in the form of data sheets and 3D models to convey key design parameters to the drafting department for each engineered to order project
- Support post-fabrication design review and testing
- Participate in value engineering and development efforts to enhance standard design and manufacturing practices, and improve design tools
- Able to manage and prioritize deliverables of concurrent projects
- Communicate effectively and professionally
- Strong problem-solving aptitude with good economic and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Understanding of fluid dynamics
- Aptitude for structural calculations (i.e., design of beam structures, sheet metal, etc.)
- MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Not eligible for visa sponsorship
- B.S. Engineering
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- B.S. in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering
Fred Koch and L. E. Winkler formed the Winkler-Koch Engineering Company in 1925 to design and supervise installation of refining equipment. Fred Koch then formed Koch Engineering in 1945. From the initial FLEXITRAY® valve tray, the product line expanded over time to include additional tray designs, tower packings, mist eliminators, and pollution control equipment. Glitsch, Inc. was originally founded by Fritz W. Glitsch, Sr. in 1912 as a machine shop. The first GLITSCH ''Truss-Type'' Bubble Cap Trays were designed, constructed, and placed into service in January 1939. The simplicity and adaptability of these trays opened up numerous opportunities for customers worldwide and led to the development of new tray designs.
In 1997, Koch-Glitsch was formed when these two respected competitors combined their technologies, products, and services to become the global leader in developing, engineering, designing, and manufacturing conventional and high performance mass transfer, mist elimination, and liquid-liquid separation equipment. Today, Koch-Glitsch products and tower designs set the standard worldwide.
Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, Koch-Glitsch continues to grow through the design and commercialization of innovative products, strategic acquisitions, and its focus on operational excellence. Koch-Glitsch has offices in 18 countries so our customers can count on a quick response to any inquiry.
Koch-Glitsch's industry leadership can also be attributed to its on-going commitment to research and development. Koch-Glitsch holds an impressive number of patents and maintains state of the art facilities to carry out distillation and mist elimination studies on a wide variety of equipment, compounds, and mixtures. Koch-Glitsch also has the largest distillation pilot plant and distributor test stand in the world on site at its Wichita headquarters.
Koch-Glitsch has achieved business success by having employees who act with integrity, focus on compliance excellence and create real long-term value for our customers and society. These principles are part of Market Based Management® (MBM®), a unique business and management philosophy that sets Koch-Glitsch apart from other companies in its industry. Koch-Glitsch is seeking individuals who share these values and want to be part of a winning team. For more information about Koch-Glitsch, visit our Web site at www.koch-glitsch.com.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf