Communication Specialist III at Pike Electric, Inc.
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Job ID: 16711
This is the third level of the Communications Specialist classifications. The purpose of this position is to read and interpret existing drawings and maps to minimize the need to create new drawings and create new drawings when necessary in a timely fashion that meet client and internal standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop understanding and comply with all FTTP and project documentation standards (i.e. land base maps, assessor maps, Verizon OSP records, etc.)
• Work closely with all departments to ensure project timelines are met and final product conveys the correct information.
• Maintain proficiency and knowledge of technical developments related to Verizon IDDS/ICGS drafting system.
• Planning (establishment of feeder routes, FDA cabinet locations, distribution routes & boundaries.)
• Design Engineering (feeder and distribution layouts to be redlined on base maps showing all requirements associated with OSP distribution).
• CAD – ICGS Construction work print generation from IDDS/ICGS system.
• Perform Self-check, Quality Control of own work for completeness, accuracy, meeting client standards, of key features, and overall presentation quality appearance.
• Understanding future trends in telecommunication technology.
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises plans to meet emerging issues or evolving requirements.
Position Requirements: • Must have experience in telecommunications network design.
• Ability to access, impute and retrieve information from network computer station.
• Must be able to self-check own work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Able to work closely with engineers and other personnel to direct project completion, obtain information or ensure drawing clarity.
• Able to work with minimal supervision, be a self-starter, and be detail-oriented.
• Able to prioritize under pressure and be well-organized.
• Able to contribute in project reviews and improve job efficiencies.
• Proficiency in variety of Cad applications and Microsoft Office applications.
• Advanced knowledge of engineering standards, practices, methods and techniques; basic cartography; and general civil engineering principles.
• Applied knowledge of in-depth assessment of the networked application needs, network modeling, and engineering high-speed technology network transports to deliver client specific technical solutions.
• Demonstrate intermediate reasoning ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral, written, or diagram form.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, or similar technical discipline.
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
UC Synergetic, LLC
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.