Production Supervisor at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Edison, New Jersey
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Production Supervisor – Edison, NJ
GP Harmon Recycling is currently seeking a Production Supervisor for our state of the art recycling facility in Edison, NJ. This position is responsible for facilitating team development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and holding employees accountable. You will have the opportunity to influence and improve performance in the areas of safety, compliance, culture, and production.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Driving safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership and accountability to proactively eliminate hazards
- Leading a production team to work injury-free/incident free in a manufacturing process
- Working to identify and execute initiatives that will help drive improvements in competitive position, delivering value to the business
- Monitoring product quality and providing direction to crew members to maximize efficiency
- Providing safety training to crew members and deliver training materials in a meaningful approach
- Providing coaching and performance management
- Ensuring daily inspections, container loading/unloading, inventory, and reporting is performed in a safe, compliant and efficient manner
- Managing the flow and inventory of containers in the yard
What You Will Need:
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing, industrial or military experience
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule which may include occasional weekends and evenings
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel) and ability to learn various PC-Based production reporting systems applications
- Experience with yard organization, inventory handling and control
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience operating mobile equipment
- Experience in the recycling industry
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf