ProjectWise Design Technology Administrator- Kansas City at Transystems Corp
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Design Technology Administrator - ProjectWise
This position will provide ProjectWise support to all employees with a focus on engineering and architecture design software integration. This position will help configure, maintain and troubleshoot all aspects of the current enterprise deployment of Bentley’s ProjectWise document management technology by performing the duties listed below.
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Receives and manages incoming help desk requests from users, addressing more complex problems as escalated by front line help desk agents.
2. Records, tracks and documents the help desk problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful actions through to final issue resolution. Produces and disseminates documentation to assist other agents in solving issues.
3. Responsible for ProjectWise project creation and security access.
4. Evaluates documented resolutions and analyzes trends to develop strategies to prevent future problems.
5. Helps develop ProjectWise best practices and workflows to maximize productivity.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assists in new product and technology evaluation in partnership with internal design specialists and external partners and vendors.
In addition to the core competencies outlined below, the follow are basic qualifications for this position.
- Associate's degree from a two-year college or university; or four to six years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of Bentley ProjectWise Explorer and Administrator client applications
- Working knowledge of Bentley ProjectWise Server applications
- Working knowledge and understanding of enterprise level database architecture
- Working knowledge and understanding of Windows operating system and network functionality
- Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
The following qualifications would be beneficial for this position
- Well rounded knowledge in the operation of a business network – desktops, servers and networking
- Experience in Networking and Database Management
- Experienced with Bentley ProjectWise Explorer including advanced integration, internal and external client troubleshooting, and development of best practices
- Experience with Bentley ProjectWise Administrator
- Experienced with Bentley ProjectWise Server Applications including configuration management, basic network troubleshooting, User Sync, Gateway/Cache, Integration, Orchestration Framework, Web, Indexing iCS services, and troubleshooting server application issues
Analytical - Ability to interpret a variety of information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Uses experience to solve engineering and computer problems and improve the organizational design process. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Mathematical - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Client Service - Responds promptly to client needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Maintains confidentiality.
Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Adaptability - Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
Dependability - Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Sets goals and objectives; Maintains neat and organized work area that allows efficient access to project information as required by other team members; Ability to create and maintain project records.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hand and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keyboard, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to travel occasionally.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Travel requirements: None
TranSystems Corporation - Transportation Infrastructure and Facilities - that's our focus. From infrastructure and facility design to computer simulation and economic impact analysis to finding alternative financing solutions for transportation projects - we do it. Our transportation specialists, located in offices across the nation, are unparalleled in the knowledge of the movement of freight and people, and unmatched in technical and managerial services. We provide full-scale professional services to both public and private sector transportation clients. Plans, designs and directs components of freight railroad; passenger rail and transit; states and municipalities; airports and air carriers; manufacturers and distributors; ports and maritime; trucking and automotive; energy and communication; and federal government projects.
TranSystems is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).