Production Worker I at Dentsply Sirona
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Milford, Delaware
Dentsply Sirona is the world’s largest manufacturer of professional dental products and technologies, with a 130-year history of innovation and service to the dental industry and patients worldwide. Dentsply Sirona develops, manufactures, and markets a comprehensive solutions offering including dental and oral health products as well as other consumable medical devices under a strong portfolio of world class brands. As The Dental Solutions CompanyTM, Dentsply Sirona’s products provide innovative, high-quality and effective solutions to advance patient care and deliver better, safer and faster dentistry. Dentsply Sirona’s global headquarters is located in York, Pennsylvania, and the international headquarters is based in Salzburg, Austria. The company’s shares are listed in the United States on NASDAQ under the symbol XRAY. This position is location in the heart of Southern Delaware; located just 25 miles north of Rehoboth Beach and only 20 miles south of the state’s capital, Dover. Also, we are centrally located east and south of Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington DC. Whether standing at a scenic point along the downtown River walk, or spending the day at one of Delaware’s beautiful beaches, know that underneath the calm tranquility is the energy of a community on the move!
1st Shift/6am - 2:30pm
Under direct supervision, performs manual and machine operation of various types of production equipment such as filling various components or containers, batching, labeling, machining, sorting, inspecting and packaging. Also includes responsibility for monitoring and assuring quality of product, making simple machine adjustments, keeping equipment in good working order, frequent cleaning of equipment and work area and counting and recording of production units and labor time.
The associate is accountable to ensure that all finished products conform to specified requirements and that finished products which do not conform to requirements are prevented from being used or delivered.
Education and Qualifications:
High school diploma or graduate equivalency diploma (GED) required. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must perform a diverse range of tasks related to operating a variety of manufacturing equipment utilized in the production of various products (i.e. opening, closing, mixing, filling, loading, inserting parts, capping products, tightening lids, sealing bags, etc.).
- Moves freely around machine to assure all working mechanisms are operating properly and reach all necessary parts in machine to make adjustments, minor repairs, set-up, changeovers, etc.
- Must be capable of standing at workstation for extended periods of time (8 hours or more) operating equipment or packaging products while closely monitoring and visually inspecting products and process.
- Associate may work in a filling or packaging area, inspecting product, filling cartons, bags, or containers with products, applying labels, stamping product identification numbers, expiration dates, making boxes and placing product into final package.
- Must be consistently able to produce error-free paperwork and check the paperwork of others.
- Required to read scales in order to weigh raw materials, final products, etc. in order to assure a consistent high quality product.
- May use statistical process control and automated software and hardware to monitor quality.
- Must read and follow all safety and quality procedures which may include wearing protective equipment (PPE), smocks, hairnets etc., as well as read and follow all written formulation procedures, standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- Must be capable of operating all material handling equipment such as hand jacks, powered jacks, etc.
- Responsible for properly reporting production units, job numbers and labor hours.
- Must also meet and/or exceed all quantity and quality standards set in department.
- May provide basic training for new employees and/or contingent employees.
- Insures compliance with QA, GMP, SOP, FDA, 5 S, and labor standards.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of equipment and work area.
- Associate will be innovative, knowledgeable and intensely committed to ensure that every product and service we supply conforms to FDA and Quality System Regulations as well as ISO 13485/MDD Standards.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, written in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, metric measurement and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Associate must be very detail oriented.
- Associate may be cross-trained to perform other duties within the department or as needed.
DENTSPLY-Sirona is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status. We appreciate your interest in Dentsply Sirona.
If you need assistance with completing the online application due to a disability, please send an accommodation request to email@example.com. Please be sure to include “Accommodation Request” in the subject.