IT Applications Specialist - Transportation Systems - Flexible Locations within US
at Oldcastle Materials Inc
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job ID: 125506
The goal of an Applications Specialists is to provide excellent customer service and to maximize the business value of IT applications. They do this by actively engaging with customers, business leaders, peers, cross-functional groups, and vendors to prioritize and resolve technical support issues and complete deployment, upgrade, and maintenance tasks. They follow and help improve existing operating procedures and processes as well as recommend and design new ones as needed. They train Field Service and Service Desk personnel how to resolve support issues and how to help with implementations, deployments and upgrades.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Continually drive towards increased customer satisfaction
- Ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Operation-Level Agreements (OLA)
- Provide timely status updates to key stakeholders and OMG IT Management.
- Collaborate with the Service Desk to ensure that distribution groups for applications and supported business units are accurate and up to date
- Prepare, review, and send end user communications regarding major incidents, problem tickets, scheduled downtime, etc.
- Support and implement corporate standards, through training, setup and documentation.
- Actively participate in product roadmap and work request activities with designated product managers.
Service & Support
- Shared responsibility for resolution of incidents, completion of service requests, and maintenance of team queues
- Provide technical and deployment support for construction materials point of sale systems (Command Concrete, JWS Apex, Libra), telematics (Trackit, Telogis, Fleetwatcher, etc.) and transportation dispatch solutions.
- Actively participate in the resolution of major incidents by joining the technical bridge, troubleshooting, completing assignments, etc.
- Increase Service Center first call resolution by training and mentoring Service Center and Field Service Technicians
- Identify the need and lead the creation of support and maintenance documentation, standard operating procedures, and processes needed to improve resolve times and empower Service Center first call resolution.
- Provide advanced levels of support for specified applications
- Identify chronic or systemic application errors, conduct root cause analysis, document resolutions, and collaborate with the development team and QA team to ensure a closed loop corrective action.
Projects & Enhancements
- Execute assigned tasks and work items. Coordinate and work with other teams to complete necessary tasks (e.g. Service Center, Field Services, Infrastructure, vendors, OMG users, etc.)
- Identify and communicate risks that may impact the timeline, scope, cost or resource requirements of a project or enhancement
- Provide follow up assistance on completed projects to ensure that warranty work is identified and completed.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Solutions Engineers on creation of implementation plans
- Work with Solutions Engineers to create deployment plans that leverage simple and repeatable processes to minimize the level of effort and time required to deploy solutions and reduce future support requirements
- Complete systems configurations and prepare site specific documentation
- Train other Applications Specialists, Field Services, and Embedded IT resources to help with deployments
- Verify that systems are functional and end users are capable of using the application. Escalate to Project Managers and Training teams when gaps are identified.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Engineering/Computer related discipline, or equivalent experience required
- 2 or more years of technical and/or end user experience with construction materials point of sale and accounting systems (Command Concrete, JWS Apex, Libra), telematics solutions (Telogis, Trackit, Fleetwatcher, etc.) and transportation dispatch solutions.
- Knowledge of creating and maintain technical documentation
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and above, applications in the Office Suite, and general PC Networking.
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred.
- Ability to travel (overnight) as required based on business needs up to 35%.
- Ability to drive up to 5 hours for onsite services.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with people with a wide range of skills, experience, cultures and capabilities – business leaders, finance leaders, peers, vendors, staff members.
- Ability to present ideas in concise, business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Must possess organizational skills, be an independent thinker, and have the ability to multitask within a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate a hands-on collaborative approach; works well in a team.
- Demonstrates strong oral/written communication and listening skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently by effectively leveraging provided tools.
- Ability to understand customer needs and concerns and be able to customize services and products as appropriate.
- Ability to self-manage time and travel expenses on a weekly basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person.
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Normal office working conditions in addition to industrial plant sites and quarries, requiring the usage of personal protective equipment, e.g. hard hat, steel-toed boots, and safety glasses.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours in response to critical incidents or business-impacting project deliverables and the ability to be on call at a scheduled rotation.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Oldcastle is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.