Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Best people + right culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn’s strategy for success. By hiring the best people we can find, giving them interesting and challenging work, and letting them share in the company’s rewards, we’ve found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
JE Dunn believes in providing the best tools for employees to get the job done right. Lean operation processes. Digital document collaboration. LEED-certified, occupant-focused environments. We make sure our workforce is prepared for the job, and we expect the best. Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
The Quality Manager will manage and coordinate Quality support for one or more projects. This position will be responsible for planning, implementing and supervising construction quality assurance programs in compliance with contract documents, Company policy, and government contracting requirements. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
• Manages and coordinates Quality support for a group (process and people).
• Provides updated communication about quality philosophies, JE Dunn quality standards and values of the Company with business partners, foreman, superintendents and project managers to ensure compliance.
• Interprets company, owner and government requirements and recommendations in relation to quality construction methods and processes with field and office staff.
• Performs QA constructability reviews for assigned projects.
• Conducts and assists with planning and design of quality-related training programs and classes with internal employees and external business partners.
• Utilizes external quality systems (i.e. QCS) for government quality control/assurance.
• Conducts warranty-related investigations in support of operations and makes recommendations for corrective action.
• Ensures field observations and reporting is properly documented through internal Company systems and tools and monitors for resolution.
• Participates in staff, team or quality committee meetings, fostering quality efforts, reporting on quality trends or issues and creating communication plans to mitigate the issues.
• Implements, leads and documents the three phases of Quality Control for the project to include; Preparatory Phase, Initial Phase and Follow-up Phase.
• Prepares detailed Daily Reports, documents all testing and inspections, manages the submittal process and reviews and certifies all submittals and shop drawings.
• Manages Non-Conformance (issue tracking) and ensures timely completion of all items.
• Serves as onsite quality representative on single project or multiple projects as needed.
• Partners with project team to complete subcontractor quality performance evaluations at project completion.
• Develops robust relationships with internal and external clients, including owners, business partners, manufacturer’s reps and third party consultants.
• Conducts routine, consistent communication/updates with supported project leads.
• Provides mentorship and guidance to other team members.
• Must be willing to travel.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Bachelor's Degree in architecture, construction management or related field. (Preferred)
In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered
8+ years’ experience in construction quality-related (Required)
2 years’ experience in mentoring or team leadership (Required)
Current COE Construction Quality Management Certification (Required)
Healthcare Construction experience is a plus
Building Envelope Commissioning experience is a plus
At JE Dunn, you’ll receive an abundance of resources dedicated to ensuring your success and future development
Whether it’s our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), company wellness program, or modern workspaces, we put the satisfaction of our employees at the forefront of everything we do.
Award-winning benefits package
Named one of Plan Sponsor Magazine’s 2015 Plan Sponsors of the Year, JE Dunn’s employee benefits package ranks among the top of our peer group, meeting and exceeding standard expectations.
Professional training opportunities
Our employee development team works full-time to create growth opportunities across the company. We encourage employees to take command of their own development, and we make sure they have what they need to take that next step.
Corporate and personal involvement in the communities in which we work is simply part of the job--JE Dunn as an organization is proud to donate over 10 percent of our pre-tax earnings to charities around the country each year.
JE Dunn Construction Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As such, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a)(7), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A are herein incorporated by reference, if applicable.
These numbers refer to clauses in Executive Order 11246 (41 CFR 60-1), Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (41 CFR 60-300), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (41 CFR 60-741), Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A).
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled